MFP hacked

News said we were hacked back in February (not sure why MFP didn’t msg us) and so I went to change my pw and...um, anyone have any idea WHERE I go to do this???
Sincerely,
Annoyed

Replies

• atconway
    atconway Posts: 1 Member
    Yes go to 'Settings' at the top of the page. From there you can change your password.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2018
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    They only learned of the attack on Sunday and sent emails out this evening
  • Jharrell79
    Jharrell79 Posts: 2 Member
    I couldn't figure out how to change my password through the app so I logged into account online and changed there.
  • oddbod68
    oddbod68 Posts: 3 Member
    Got the notification and email this morning, changed password but I guess the horse has bolted, if they had the details since Feb then you should assume they have had access to all your details (it's relatively easy to crack a password hash especially if your password is weak).

This data breach is very personal, stuff I just don't want others to know about !!
  • adriancristea80
    adriancristea80 Posts: 3 Member
    Can UA or MFP clarify what happens with accounts logging in with the FB account credentials? I can't change the pass from MFP account as it's linked to FB.
  • adriancristea80
    adriancristea80 Posts: 3 Member
    Meanwhile I got an official answer from MFP stating FB auth was not affected by the breach. Changed the password though, can't hurt.