Recipes/snacks and cereals that have low carbs

Options
I have a serious issue with carbs. I think everyone does, but my biggest issue with carbs is that I have Bipolar Disorder Type 1, and some of the medications make me really hungry. I read somewhere that people affected by this love cereal. I find this to be true. Raisin bran is my favorite, but sometimes I will eat Honeycomb, Corn Pops, sugar smacks (which is what I'm eating right now). I would love some input on the best cereals for carb control. Carbs are my biggest enemy in general. Not great with sugar input either. TIA

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe your anxiety will decrease if you don't demonize carbs. It's just one of the nutrients that provide energy. Carby foods tend to be delicious, and sugary foods are easy to overeat. So many people have to make sure they balance their meals well - combining foods with protein, fat and carbs. Not look for "low carb cereals". Cereal is grains, which are mainly starch, which is complex carbs.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bipolar 1 here and god damn I know that side effect too well, FINALLY been taken off quetiapin which was the worst of my sanity cocktails
    don’t have cereal recommendations sadly as I don’t eat it because I’ll demolish a whole box in one go. Carbs aren’t the bad guys really. A lot of those ones have yummy sugar in them try go for something whole grain without sugar or fake chemical sugar ,or if you can’t help yourself swap up your snacks , I like cereal for the crunch so pistachios are great for me and take longer to eat because of the shell. Popcorn might be another good alternative I’ve you pop it in a pan then you can control salt on them