Need some friends! Have 79lbs to lose!

Options
Hello,
My name is Page. I am a stay at home mom of 2 beautiful children, Luke is 3 and Keira is 2. They are less than a year apart.
When I got pregnant with Luke, I weighed 174 lbs. I am 5'8 so I held it well and I was comfortable. Not too skinny but by no means fat. I had my son, and then 3 months later go pregnant with my daughter. After all was said and done, I left the hospital with my Keira weighing 199 lbs.
After Keira was born I fell into a deep depression. I gained around 30 pounds. Then I got married in Aug of 2009 weighing appx 230. The year to follow I call the black hole of my existance. I started smoking and drinking because of all the stress I was under. I got on a scale in October of 2010 to read a whopping 272 POUNDS. I started a dieting very lightly to put it, and got down to about 266.
In January of 2011, I became very sick. I went to urgent care and was told I had the flu. The dr didnt even give me an antibiotic. The following day, I went to the emergency room because I had a high fever and felt significantly worse. I was told I had a small spot of pnuemonia on my right lung and was given a z-pak and sent home. This is where the story gets good. The following day I went back to the ER just to get fluids because I remember I felt a wee bit better being on the IV. When I got there it was like a scene from the TV show ER or Greys Anatomy. It took 6 hours to stabilize me enough to transport me to Henry Ford Hospital Main in Detroit. I was coughing up blood, and was put on a ventilator.
2 days later they told my family there was nothing left they could do for me, and recommended me being life-flight to the University of Michigan hospital because the had ECMO (heart/lung by-pass).
I was in a coma for 10 days and in the hospital for 17. I had H1N1 which led to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (lung failure), Double Pnumonia, Sepsis, and Kidney Failure. The reason I am sharing this is because life is VERY short and I dont want to spend another second of it being fat. Id rather be with my babies.
As a result of my illness the lower lobe of my right lung no longer inflates when I breathe, and I am moderatly anemic. I have comprimsied kidneys as well. I left the hospital at 243 lbs.
Since then, I went back up to 264, and August 1st, 2011 was the first day of the rest of my life.
I would like some friends I can lean on for support as well as me support them. I am a Christian.
Praise God, and get your flu shot!

Replies

• gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hii :) I have about 40lbs to lose, and feel free to friend me! everyones great on here, i'm sure you'll lose it in no time :) good luck
  • meowthania
    Options
    Hi Page,

thanks for sharing your story! Feel free to add me, though I'm not sure I can be overly much help. I promise to try to kick you in the butt if you need it though!
  • skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    Add me...I topped out at where you were, too...but am now down after 2 long years. I still have a ways to go...good to have friends on the journey!!
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends. I have 41 more pounds to go. I started at 226. I live in Virginia. I am the mother of one and have a very stressful job as a social worker. I have been married 14 years. I have struggled with my weight all my life.
  • KarenHarper71
    Options
    Am on a mission myself...fell free to add me, will give you support when I can :-0)
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello Page!
    Your story is so dramatic and frightening! In the end, it looks like you've gotten a gift from it all, a new outlook!

I'm here to tell you it can be done! I started this year off at 300# (!) and have - since starting with MyFitnessPal.com - lost 89 pounds! I've still got 61 to go to meet my goal.

I did it using the resources here on MFP and walking every day (even in crappy weather).

You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your story.

Sherry
    (Utah)
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am working on losing 85 lbs, then we'll see how I feel where I am. I joined MFP in January, at 234.4, highest weight ever, and am now at 200.0 Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! Good luck in your journey to better health!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm down 42 and have 38 to go.
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    feel free to add me too. You are obviously a fighter.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Wow, what a story. You have a lot to be thankful for. Congratulations on your decision to change your life.
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I work in a ER, so while I was reading your story, i kept going DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNN over and over.
    What a train wreck you have been through! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well after all of those horrible obstacles you had to overcome. Please feel free to add me as a friend, and good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Powerful story...no better reason to get fit though. My goal is to lose around 100 lbs. So feel free to add me!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, Your story could change other peoples lives as well!