A good exercise dvd to start with????

Options
Hi I just started my journey an I am looking for a good work out dvd to start with, I bought p90x but it was very discouraging I am just not ready for it , I have heard a lot of things about jillian Michaels 30 day shred from everyone but not sure if its right for me I have a lot of extra skin I want to tone up an lose the extra 31 pounds from having my son. Any Ideas???????

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My wife does Cathe Friedrich and she loves it(and she looks awesome).
  • Andie3683
    Options
    I have Jillians 30 day shred and no more trouble zones and I love it! She's tough but it works great!! I have turbo jam too which is more punches and kicks..alot of fun also!!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Anything Tae-bo!
    And Julian Michael's 30 day shred
    Also zumba is a fun workout. The P90X is tough to start out with especially if you are looking to create a habit of exercising everyday.
  • Andie3683
    Options
    The Jillians No More Touble Zones is all weights and works on all the problem areas!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is the one before P90X, and much more accessible. You will have awesome results with that.
  • JsGordita
    Options
    The only DVD i have that i use is Pick your level pilates, i like it and its pretty easy and i get to pick which level i want to use for each workout depending on how i feel that day or whatever. Plus it was really cheap on amazon and i 1st saw it on our netflix, it was instantly streaming for free then.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am 10 days into the 30 day shred and liking it so far and already seeing results. And its only 20 minutes a day
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I started with some pilates and richard simmons...I had to really start slow ( recovering from heel surgery).... then onto Jillian 30 day shred......did great...repeated a couple of weeks...now I am onto the Insanity..month 2 day 2......
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I started out with 30 Day Shred - I lost 8 lbs and a few inches

Now I'm doing a few different pilates videos that are instant on Netflix
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I started with The Biggest Loser workout DVD. I was extremely out of shape so it kicked my butt but not to the point that I wanted to give up!