Signed up today and need some motivation and friends

Options
So I signed up today on a friends suggestion. As Im sure most have been in the past, I want the results without having to do the work. I have a few reasons to want to loose the 45 pounds I have gained over the last several years. I do good for a week or so and then loose my motivation for one reason or another, and I always say "Im getting back on track monday" and it never happens. Its time to change that! My husband is very supportive, but our outlooks on how to get there are very different....im hoping to motivate him as well. any encouraging words are more then welcome :bigsmile:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • dmanic
    dmanic Posts: 7
    Options
    HI and welcome i'm new too lol
  • chelraeb
    chelraeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi there!!! I was in the same boat and then my brother introduced me to mfp!! AND I LOVE IT! It is so motivating and it's easy to track your food and exercise. I've lost 14 pounds and have no intentions of quitting... ever!!! What has helped me is to think of it as not losing weight or even getting in shape but more working towards being fit and strong. Remember you'll have days that don't go as planned, you'll have days that you'll feel like eating everything in sight and not want to work out. But the more you stay on track the more you want to do those things that will get you what you want. The support you can get on this sight is fantastic and can make all of the difference in the world!!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. Lots of motivation and support. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! This is a great place to start your new life!!
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    when my sister recommended the app and site, i wasn't sure i wanted to be that "aware" of what I was eating. I figured i'd give it a light try-the highest calories I could get away with-and hope for the best. I also thought I'd be forgetting all about it in about a week.

well, I have been here every single day, logging whether I went over or not. I've lost 89 pounds and have learned a lot about myself and the foods I choose to put in my mouth.

If anyone told me in January that I'd still be logging my food 210 days later, losing weight and be able to shop in stores I'd previously avoided like the plague, I would have either laughed in their faces or just fallen over from shock!

this is possible! Give your hubs a break, my best friend joined me after much more trepidation than i had... she's been here for 190 days... perhaps he'll do what she did, see that it's motivating and working for you and join in when he's ready!

:)
    Sherry
  • shepie27
    Options
    Good luck, I hear ya, It is a constant struggle. Just take one day at a time and go with how you feel,you will start to be in a better mood when you are succeeding and your putting good things in your body, at least I do. Its hard though, very easy to get back to the bad stuff on the weekends, especially this time of year, slow and steady wins the race..Think of how good you will feel by thanksgiving, thats what I do. It comes fast and you will be happy you made the sacrifices :)
    Sherie
  • cross9011
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too....please feel free to add me as a friend. This is a great site for encouragement and keeping on track! (I know, I need to add a picture! will do that soon!) :-)
  • luckygirlblue78
    Options
    Hiya! I've been on here for a bit over a week, and I love it! Feel free to add me as a friend and we'll cheer each other on! ;D
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • angela360
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • angelapiedmont
    Options
    I don't want to do the work either. I'm going to though because I know I'm worth it and so are you. Lets do it together. I want to motivate my husband also, but really don't know how. I'm hoping that once I lose enough weight that it is visable, he will want to jump on board. If you come up with any great ideas about motivating our men let me know. Feel free to add me. Angela
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!! I think we had the same friend suggest this to us. If you're anything like me you will love this site:)