First NSV

nekosimba
nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
Today one of my coworker's wife (also a good friend of mine) brought in fresh cinnamon rolls to the office. My coworker walks into my office with this huge cinnamon roll in his hand. I took one look at him and said "Get Out!". He made my office smell of sugary goodness...but I still resisted the urge.

They were sitting on the table in the lunch room as well when I went upstairs for lunch. I sat and ate my veggie pizza, grapes and yogurt and was quite satisfied with that.

I have only been doing this a week and the scale said I gained 2 pounds this morning, so I was feeling pretty depressed. I am very happy with myself because I am an emotional eater and I would have gobbled one of the rolls up in a heartbeat.

I was also given this article by a friend mentioning it is very common to gain weight when starting a new routine. This made my day knowing that maybe next week I'll see a drop in my weight!
http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

Replies

• yes its true! i gained 2lbs lost 2lbs gained three! then it's all been good from there :)
    congrats on not caving in! xx
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    I said no to my brother this morning when he offered me european chocolate candies from his trip.. he also asked if I wanted to go out get pizza or something at our fav local place (since I'm visiting family now), I said no :)
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Awesome! Good for you and your will power. :)
  • Well done! :smile:

Just keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. You'll start losing weight soon.
  • Weight fluctuates like 1-5 lbs due to water weight, etc. If you just started, it's probably not a "gain" just a random fluctuation. That's why this site says to only record weight periodically. Great job on resisting the dang cinnamon rolls!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!