SERVER ERRORS!!!!

Options
Ronunderwood
Ronunderwood Posts: 25 Member
WAY, WAY, WAY TOO MANY SERVER ERRORS!!!!! WHATS UP WITH MFP?????

Replies

• whack13
    whack13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s killing me, when is going to be fixed!?
  • htek808
    htek808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing the server errors. I'm forced to use the mobile app for everything for now.
  • halfasssniper
    halfasssniper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. Server errors constantly. Not impacted by the mobile devices though so that's good.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You guys new here? This site is riddled with bugs and constantly has problems. Why UA didn't clean house on their development and staff teams after spending almost half a billion dollars is beyond me. Their forum software isn't even their own. They're using a 3rd party forum software I believe tied in with an API. I accepted a long time ago it's terrible. The database has so many inconsistencies on user submitted foods causing you to get 4 different results from the same foods and it's never been a reliable site which is unfortunate because the potential is there to be amazing.
  • msix9266
    msix9266 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I suspect (and hope) after they got hacked that they're working on securing the servers better. I could be wrong, though.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    This site's gone to hell since Under Armour bought it and the security hack just proves it all the more. This site was never perfect but they're not spending any cash on it.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that so many of the "CICO" believers stay here, with their "tracking devises" synced. The *kitten* calculations are not correct!
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    I expected this to be about wait staff
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

Mine always forget the honey mustard.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

I'd never forget anything, Just for you ;)
  • projectsix
    Options

Pimpin' ain't easy but it sure is fun.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

tenor.gif?itemid=5966953
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

tenor.gif?itemid=5966953

I miss serving haha
  • projectsix
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everyone will survive :)

Speak for yourself! I haven't been able to upload a picture for almost a day ughh. How the hell am I going to reep that validation from strangers on the internet and feel good about myself without a picture??

THIS IS A *KITTEN* TRAGEDY.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Their forum software isn't even their own. They're using a 3rd party forum software I believe tied in with an API.

Regarding the forums - using third party software for forums is standard practice in website design because there's no point reinventing the wheel when there are plenty of off the shelf options out there. Looking at the page source, they're using Vanilla which is widely used, and good solid software without being bloatware like some options out there. So the other significant problems you list aside, they don't deserve any criticism for their choice of a forum solution.
  • projectsix
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Their forum software isn't even their own. They're using a 3rd party forum software I believe tied in with an API.

Regarding the forums - using third party software for forums is standard practice in website design because there's no point reinventing the wheel when there are plenty of off the shelf options out there. Looking at the page source, they're using Vanilla which is widely used, and good solid software without being bloatware like some options out there. So the other significant problems you list aside, they don't deserve any criticism for their choice of a forum solution.

Yes, I would agree with you it's fairly standard for a small to medium enterprise site but there are so many integration problems using their existing design that they really should have scrapped it a long time ago. It's grown so much and for a site this size, it's not appropriate. This site has upwards of 150 million+ registered users in the database (who just got all their data stolen) and the site was purchased by UA for 480 million dollars. For that sort of money and that size they can develop their own and integrate it better. My other accounts forum username isn't even the same as the user account so whenever you try to interact with my forum account it gives a page cannot be displayed and I get random issues and errors, of course. The site was never developed properly and should have been fixed a long time ago but never was.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

I haven't been a server for almost 20 years and I still have nightmares about forgetting putting in orders or forgetting something!