Upper inside thighs... HELP!

Options
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone knows any good exercises that will target and tone up the upper inside thighs? Basically the top of my legs are very flabby and my aim is for the very tops of my legs not to meet in the middle when I am standing hip width apart! I hate them so much :sad:
I don't go to the gym at the moment because I find it a bit intimidating, plus I am broke! So I am looking for exercises I can do at home without equipment... you know, like sit ups for your legs! :ohwell:
Any ideas?
x

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    If you want to "strengthen" the upper inner thighs, Plie squats are a good start. But they don't reduce the size. No exercise spot reduces any area.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Run!!!! My body has become so toned since I started doing the C25K app. I have noticed a huge difference in my upper thighs and many other areas of my body :)
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    Some pilates moves work this are.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Also the leg press... do 1 set with your toes together, 1 with your toes separate and 1 with your toes straight 3 times!

That was one of my workouts tonight... I definitely felt it in my inner thighs!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've been having success with walking/running.
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Run

Plank Jacks
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    yes run! run run run! ive started to get a gap :')
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Some pilates moves work this are.

Yes, I have the same problem with my upper thighs. I know you can't really "spot" reduce but I have been doing some pilates videos on Netflix and they are really working to tone my thighs.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Hip Sled
  • madeline31692
    Options
    I have this same problem...my inner and outer thighs are where I carry a lot of weight. I think the only answer is run, run, run...not exactly my cup of tea.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Squat, squat, squat....and get as low as you can. Really seemed to help me...at least I think so.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Run.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do the Billy Blanks Boot Camp Tae Bo & there is an exercise towards the end that targets inner thighs: (for example I'll describe left side) Lay on your left side and prop yourself up. Cross your right leg over your left, but keep your left leg fully extended. Point the toes on your left leg and do 2 sets of 8 reps each of leg raises. Then, bend your left leg to a 90 degree angle, still keeping toes pointed and do 2 sets of 8 reps of kicks. Does this make sense?? Your leg must NOT touch the ground. Repeat with the right side. Repeat the sets/reps as you feel necessary. I do it, and totally feel the burn in my inner thighs. It's the only exercise I've ever done that I feel "targets" this area. Walking & running definitely will help too. Plus, as you start losing -- eventually your body will lose the fat from there -- it's just a matter of time. Hope this helps! :)
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can't spot tone. As you lose weight, your body lets go of the fat where it deems there's excess-- in the order your body thinks it should go.

I SO WISH I could say to my body,

"Hey, um body? Could we remove the fat off my thighs before worrying about arms or chest? Cuz that would be great!" But my body doesn't seem to think my agenda and insecurities are important.

So I keep working on losing the excess fat.

That being said, you CAN tone up muscles with the exercises other people suggested. And they'll look really great when the extra weight is out of the way.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of c25k and I can already see my legs getting more toned
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can't spot tone. As you lose weight, your body lets go of the fat where it deems there's excess-- in the order your body thinks it should go.

I SO WISH I could say to my body,

"Hey, um body? Could we remove the fat off my thighs before worrying about arms or chest? Cuz that would be great!" But my body doesn't seem to think my agenda and insecurities are important.

So I keep working on losing the excess fat.

That being said, you CAN tone up muscles with the exercises other people suggested. And they'll look really great when the extra weight is out of the way.

Yep, bodies have a mind of their own, don't they? LOL!!!! Love your post.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem i think my thighs are the worst part of me!

xx