Hey Everyone--- "Im having a standoff with myself -- and I p

Options
Hi. My name is Dacia. I am really at a point in my life that I have absolutely no choice but to get in shape. I used to say I'm gonna do it because I want cute clothes or I want to look hawt! LOL Now I am doing it because I finally understand the correlation of life..being out of shape can effect one mentally, spiritually, emotionally, financially, and of course physically-- which is the obvious one.

Mentally- depressions, anxiety, etc
Spiritually- loss of inspiration and motivation
Emotionally- sad, mood swings, etc
Financially- paying to much for clothes, buying 2 plane tickets instead of one, emotionally shopping = wasting money on something you don't need
Physically- out of breath, fatigue, no energy, disease and sickness

If I wanted to go deeper -- I could point out how each one of these things effects another.. but I feel like I have already been ocean deep.. lol Im gonna stop here.. So as you can tell - I have thought long and hard about how being over 200lbs has effected my life. My highest weight was 247. I am currently at 214 and I am going divorce the rest of this weight baggage like I did my soon to be ex husband.. NEVER to return again.. No you can not come and visit and stay awhile :) lol Once its gone.. it has to stay gone!

Well I certainly hope to gain relationships with others here. I can clap for you, holla and scream too. Whatever I can do to help anyone stay on track I will - Im just asking that you do the same for me and don't let me make excuses for myself. Thats what addicts do.. We compromise and rationalize about why something aint "that bad" -- well being over weight "for me" is bad-- and I am finally at a point in my life where I'm looking it straight in the eye --Im having a standoff with myself -- and I plan to lose this time -- its time to lose something to get victory :) Im gonna win!!

So, Hi everyone-- I like to call myself MzFreespirit because I want to be free in every area of my life.. Live life light -- and carefree.. Thats what I strive for everyday.

Much Love,

Free~

Replies

• 65Mustanger
    65Mustanger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Dacia...I'm doing a restart beginning today! I'll root for you if you do the same for me!
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    I'd be happy to be a cheerleader for ya! That's what we do here on mfp! Welcome and love your attitude, girl! Feel free to add me. :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wow, I like the way you just put a point on it! Feel free to give me an add and we can cheer each other on!
  • jolenna
    jolenna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Each of us here had to come to that point for ourselves. Because like an addict it's not going to change until we admit we have a problem. It'll take eating right and exercise but I've come to realize I actually enjoy being active and trying new things. Set goals, short and long term/ small and large. That's what's really helped me. You can do this Dacia!!
  • kratt
    kratt Posts: 1
    Options
    hi,

welcome! clad to hear you have found your strength and motivation. it's extremely important! without it's all pointless...
    it's not going to be easy but i wish you all the best for achieving your goals!

keep up the good work :)
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding BIG CHEEZE :) Thanks for the encouragement and real good advice about taking things one day at a time and slow. I appreciate this forum and MFP is certainly an awesome tool. Im gonna add everyone now :)