Team Red SAHMU Challenge (week 4)

Options
SAHMU Challenge Week 4

Cardio:
Your Normal Routine x3 days
Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
Different Heights Work Different Muscles
A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge:
Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!

Relaxation Challenge:
Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

Replies

• Momof2gurls
    Options
    I was just coming here to post my challenges. I didn't do very well this week.

Weigh in: 149 lbs...no loss, but no gain. Not a big surprise seeing as I didn't keep to my workouts.

Cardio Challenge: 3 days - not sure how many points
    Strength Challenge: Lunges & Crunches - 3 days
    Stretch: 3 days
    Water: All 7 days....I'm pretty good with the water thing.

And I also want to thank all of you for giving me credit for my hectic life. My 9 month old is such a blessing (as is our 3 year old), even though we've gone through so many struggles with her. I'm looking forward to her upcoming surgery to repair her palate in November. Once it is repaired, she should be able to live life 'normally'. She is almost at 100% oral feeds, so that means we won't have to use the tube to assist in feeding her. She has come a long way that's for sure. She's a very chill baby and doing things earlier than my other daughter....she's already cruising on furniture and pushing the choo-choo train & shopping cart around the house, so I think she's going to be an early walker. Anyway, it is definitely hard to watch my eating habits & get exercise throughout all of this, so again thanks for all of your lovely comments! It makes me feel good!

Happy Hump Day!
    -Sarah-
  • Momof2gurls
    Options
    For this week's challenge I've chosen Circusmom, as she keeps us all going. And WOW! I can't even imagine what life would be like with 4 kids! I come from a family of 4 kids, and my Mom says there are definitely times that are just a blur and she just coped. So, I can only imagine. I find it hard with only 2! ha! Also, I have a hubby who eats and eats and eats. Now, he actually has gained weight and needs to lose 25 lbs, and openly admits it. However, every time I try to get him on the right track with eating, showing him and teaching him about portion sizes and healthy meals, he does it for about 1 day, then just lets it go to the wayside. It's definitely frustrating, as I'm sure you feel the same, having a spouse that isn't fully on board with you and bringing 'junk' into the house every time he goes grocery shopping. So, I can relate to you on the battle of the spouses when it comes to the weightloss battle! I also want to thank you for keeping our team in check and going. It's not easy to always come and check things out here to make sure everyone is still on the team and on track. So Thank you, thank you, thank you! You ROCK!!!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! :)

I'm gonna say my weight stayed the same this week. >.< My old scale said no change from last week and my new scale said I am 2 lbs heavier. I'm gonna monitor it for a week and see if I get the same weight 3 days in a row. Then I will tweak my weights on here the difference. Ugh. Damn numbers! Does that sound good?

Food Challenge:
    Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!
    OMG!! Seriously?! Okay ... I will give up my International Foods Fat Free French Vanilla creamer for the week. Obviously I have already had my coffee for the day ... so .... Yeah.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.
    My X-husband. I was thin when we met. We ate out A LOT. He was controlling. It was a hot, lusty and violent relationship. I did not realize how controlling and manipulative he was until our marriage unraveled. Basically the song "Love the way you lie." by Eminem and Rihanna describes our relationship to a "T". Well .. it never went to far physically, but there were fights where slapping and hitting happened. He was also a cheater. Over the our 5 yr relationship I went from 120lbs to 200lbs! Once we split I lost about 40lbs in 6 months and never went any lower than 140lbs since. My marriage to him officially ended May of 2000. We had been legally separated since Halloween of 1998. It was a surprisingly easy split ... amicable. Stuff was divided with no arguing and he paid for everything. I'm not really sure how I gained all that weight. Probably eating out all the time. I'm not an emotional eater. But he gave me everything I wanted - in return for him being so controlling and un-loyal. I dropped 40 pounds after moving out so fast because I only ate because I knew I had to. I had no apatite at all.
    I met my husband later that year - July 2000. I was around 140lbs. I slowly gained weight over the next few years and after having my first child I just never got back down to 140. My husband loves me for me. I am happy with my life now, but not with my body now. LOL! I'm a shorty at 5'3" and I'm just hoping to get down to 140. Of course I think for my height the charts all say I should weigh around 130 or less. I think my age (36) and the fact I have had kids is making it so much harder to loose weight. But I'm determined to do it! LOL! When I worked out before and did Weight Watchers (the old points system) I stayed around 140 and my doctor was happy with that. I just could not go lower no matter what I did and my doctor said that my body must just need to be around that weight. Well ... time will tell!

Okay ... I gotta get off here and do something productive! LOL! I will catch up with y'all later! :)
  • young9
    young9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i had no change, i was terrible this week. i was also terrible with my challenges so my points are pretty much none. i HAVE to be better this week!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i had no change, i was terrible this week. i was also terrible with my challenges so my points are pretty much none. i HAVE to be better this week!
    We all have good days and bad, acknowledge and move on. This is a new week, new challenges, just take them one at a time!!!

Wait how did you do with the water challenge???If you got that one all week that would give us an extra point!!
  • circusmom
    Options
    For Jessangle:

here is the format for the weigh-in:

Starting MFP Weight :
    Starting SAHMU Weight :
    Week 1 Weight : n/a
    Week 2 Weight : n/a
    Week 3 Weight: n/a
    Change :
    Goal Weight :
  • jessangel
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 210
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 203
    Change: Is this what I want to change? If so I would like to change my families eating habbits in general, Instead of making on BIG meal or HIGH calorie meals I would like to learn more healthy meals and also offer more fruits and veggies at the dinner table.
    My goal weight is 145-150 ( my pre-pregnacy weight that I have never been able to get back to after my first child which turned 6 in may :(

I think my husband and my family play a big role in this, My husband is on the road usually between 4/5 days a week so I understand that he is limited to what he has to eat but If i go to the store and dont get snack foods, he says "you didn't get any snack food" not only eating wise he is always telling me I look good and it irritates me bit, because I don't feel good. He doesnt ever seem to understand that because If I say a remark back badly about myself he will get mad.

With my family they live 5 hours away but after a period of time doing so well I go there and they have nothing healthy and have chips sitting around snacks all over chocolate kisses and little mini candy bars for the kids and its so hard to say no expecially when there is nothing else to eat. When I lived in North Carolina I was down to 160's and had to go to Iowa (where my family lives) for a week and gained 8lbs. and it was downhill from their all the weight back plus more.

I need to find a way to prepare healthy snacks and meals for myself also a way to find healthier snacks to keep around the house and not indulge in them.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Challenges for Wed:
    done

Challenges for Thurs:
    done

I have been so busy, school starts 8/22 and I've only just started making my daughters uniforms. A school open house this week for my middle son, then my daughters next week, plus school supply shopping for them both and clothes shopping for my son. Watch those dollar signs fly right out the door...$$...$$..$.... see there they go!
  • circusmom
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

Their have been plenty of people who have affected me negatively, but none have made me gain weight. I made myself gain the weight.
    All my life I have been slim (not skinny, but slim), but after my last child was born, I started gaining weight. I know my body, and should have paid attention to what it was telling me, "hey you, our metabolism is slowing down a bit, you can't keep eating the way you have. We're not 20 anymore, and we're not workingout anymore. You're got to step away from the carbs, just say no to the rice side dish"
    Instead of listening, I just accepted what others were telling me, that this is how it is when you get older. Just accept it and move on with life.
    Well thank goodness, I stopped listening to everyone else and started listening to myself. I know there is a hot 42 year old mom in here!! Will I ever look like I did in my 20's? Who knows, who cares....as long as I'm healthy and happy that's all I care about, and although i'm not at the weight I want to be at, I'm really close, and I've learned that its not only about looking good again, it's about doing what I love. I love to workout, I love the sweat and the burn, and I really love to prove all the nay sayers wrong, very, very wrong!
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I've been a bit busy! LOL! Back to school shopping yesterday! All of it is DONE!! Unless there is a special request by a teacher.

Wednesday ~ I posted my Emotional Challenge, Relaxation Challenge (I gave myself a pedi) and did my regular workout.
    Thursday ~ I did my regular workout. I'm looking for a dessert recipe that would be healthy. But I'm having problems with it. I usually make a kick butt Banana Nut Bread. Can I just post that and give suggestions to make it lower calorie?
    Friday ~ I will get in my regular workout and do my 3 min step-ups! :)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Teams!!
    I hope you are all doing fantastic!!
    I have created a spreadsheet for our group. Please go to it and fill in your points and weight loss for the last 3 weeks. If you are a new person you can give yourself full points for the weeks you where not here. Captains please fill in your Team points (the ones you get for the whole team completing each challenge and the weight loss point and the recipe winner point) I am so glad I finally figured out how to do this! I started to fill in everyones info but figured it would be much easier for everyone to just go there and fill it in themselves.
    We have a pretty large group and now you can see who else is in this challenge on the other teams easier. If you need help let me know but I tried to make it pretty simple.

If I put anyones info in wrong you can go ahead and just fix it, I am sorry if I did.

Here is the link.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well. There was a change in the food challenge after some people weren't very happy with the give something up challenge. If you have already givin something up, you will recieve your point. I had posted this on the main thread but I want to make sure everyone saw it.

Food Challenge: Desert Recipe (Yummy!!)
    Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

I know it is kind of late, I meant to do this on Friday but I got busy with family, so again if you have already done the original challenge it will count for your point.
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have done a recap on the challenges and point system for each week for everyone here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US
  • circusmom
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA, busy week end. School clothes and supply shopping, Birthday dinner for my oldest, and still making uniforms for my soon-to-be kindergardener.
    Here is my entery for the recipe challenge, I tried creating an easy sugar free peach cobbler, but it went very, very, wrong. This one is tried and true!!

Honey Roasted Peaches

1 fresh peach, cut in half, pit removed ( I leave the skin on, you can remove it if you like)
    2 T mascarpone cheese (you can probably sub cream cheese)
    1T honey
    2 ginger snap cookies crumbled

Place peach cut side down on a low heat grill, cook about 10 to 15 minutes. Check so it doesn't burn. Should just start to get tender.
    Remove from grill, place 1T of cheese on grilled side of each peach.
    Drizzle peaches with honey, and top with crumbled cookies.
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days - Done!
    Dance!!! - Done! Danced with the kids while cleaning Saturday! So much fun!
    Try something New! - I tried Zumba. Not the beginners one that goes slow. I have found that I am NOT a Zumba person!

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days - Done. I did not keep track of how many I did though ....

Relaxation Challenge: Done. Gave myself a pedi!

Emotional Challenge: Done and already posted.

Food Challenge: This one is hard! I make desserts, but they usually are NOT low fat or healthy! Hahaha! So, I will post my strawberry snack. ;)

Pint of strawberries - cleaned, and sliced up.
    Package of spongecake cups
    Coolwhip - fat free

Obviously a simple recipe! Just toss some cut up strawberries on/in the cups and top with Coolwhip! You could add sugar if your strawberries are not sweet enough.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA, busy week end. School clothes and supply shopping, Birthday dinner for my oldest, and still making uniforms for my soon-to-be kindergardener.
    Here is my entery for the recipe challenge, I tried creating an easy sugar free peach cobbler, but it went very, very, wrong. This one is tried and true!!

Honey Roasted Peaches

1 fresh peach, cut in half, pit removed ( I leave the skin on, you can remove it if you like)
    2 T mascarpone cheese (you can probably sub cream cheese)
    1T honey
    2 ginger snap cookies crumbled

Place peach cut side down on a low heat grill, cook about 10 to 15 minutes. Check so it doesn't burn. Should just start to get tender.
    Remove from grill, place 1T of cheese on grilled side of each peach.
    Drizzle peaches with honey, and top with crumbled cookies.

Forgot to post nutritional stats for each serving:
    Makes two servings
    156 cals
    22 carbs
    8 fat
    2 protein
    1 fiber
  • circusmom
    Options
    Dance challenge: done! Me and the kids danced all over the house waiting for daddy to get home from work yesterday. Fun & helped pass the time so I didn't have to hear, "whens daay getting home?"

Strength:
    I added the step-ups in with my normal strength routine on friday, used my weight bench as my step, made my legs hurt the next day.

Cardio: After I walk tonight that will complete my challenge.

Emotional: Done

Recipe: Done

Relaxation challenge: Done, feel asleep outside in the chaise while doing nothing on Sunday, but I think I still need a bath and a pedi tonight, too!!

Try something new challenge: I tried the Butt Bible video, I really like it, now I just have to get myself motivated to do it in afternoons while the kids are sleeping.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Where is everyone????? me and Redheadhen are all alone again. Come on ladies, we need some company!!! And some tasty recipes, please share!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I am going to start a New Thread for Week 5 so it is easier to see the challenge, I will do this each week. Everyone come and say hello. We will complete the weigh in and Recipe challenge here for this week.
    Week 5 Link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319384-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge-week-5
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    I wonder where everyone went this week?? :cry: :sad:

I had added my weights to the spreadsheet! :) I had to change all my weights due to a new scale. :grumble:

Starting MFP Weight : 171
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 169
    Week 1 Weight : 169
    Week 2 Weight : 170 (:grumble: at TOM)
    Week 3 Weight: 168
    Week 4 Weight: 167
    Change this week : -1
    Goal Weight : 140