Full time mums exercise.

Options
any stay home mums who can tell me how you get any exercise when you are looking after a 2 year old? They cant walk with you or run and theres no way theyre gonna let you do your exercise at home...
Ive tried yoga while hes having his nap but want a way to go for some actual cardio.

Replies

• OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I take my son to babysitting at the Y and do fitness classes there. I've also done babysitting trades to give me time out of the house.

My little boy is still only 22 pounds at 17 months, so I can also still take him in a front carrier for a walk. I can't go very fast, but it is quite a workout anyway!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Get a stroller and go for a walk or a jog. Dance in the living room with the kiddo, or play follow-the-leader.
  • honeybearhoneybear
    honeybearhoneybear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea maybe try one of those zumba tapes and get him to join in with you. Kids love dancing.
  • charmednz
    charmednz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just wait till my daughter goes to bed at night and get on the exercycle
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts before the kids get up in the morning - 5:30ish. I do the workouts on bodyrock.tv when I am at home (website). They are very short, very intense, and do not require much space or equipment.
    I have had good results with these.
    Good luck!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do childcare in my home and at times have up to 5 or 6 ages 1.5 to 7 yrs old, two are my kiddos. I pop in a video (p90x or baron baptiste yoga or turbo jam) several days a week during nap and I sweat it up!!!! I also get up early to run before the first kiddo comes or before my kids get up while my husband is here or I go running in the evening but I like what others have said you could invest in a stroller and take your 2 yr old with you:) until theyre old enough to ride a bike then they can ride along next to you while you run:) or walk:) THATS what I look forward to:) You can find tons of videos on amazon or ebay used for cheap. I know how hard it is to get a burn in, trust me, but I feel SO much better when I do, everyone wins!
  • MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I DONT KNOW WHAT ALL YOUR ABLE TO DO BUT I UNDERSTAND. MY GYM (GOLDS) HAS A DAYCARE. I DONT KNOW WHT THE PRICE IS AS OF NOW BUT I ONLY PAY $10 A MONTH FOR 2HRS A DAY FOR THEIR DAYCARE SERVICE. ALSO YOU CAN INCORPORATE YOUR CHILD INTO EXERCISE. I USE TO HOLD MY DAUGTHER AT 2 AND USE HER KIND OF LIKE WEIGHTS AND SHE THOUGHT IT WAS SO FUN. AND IF YOUR ABLE TO, 5:30 IS A GREAT TIME. ALL IN ALL DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU.

BEST WISHES :-)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I belong to New York Sports Club, they have inexpensive baby sitting right there, and membership is $45 per month.
  • Julianacaceres
    Options
    Thanks guys will try some of these, i never thought about getting up early that way myhubby will stil be there if the little one wakes up. As long as i make sure i get up an hour earlier than my hubby so im back from a walk before he has to get up for work
  • Julianacaceres
    Options
    Thanks for the idea, although im in new zealand Lol but im sure i can find something similar here