Hi Everyone!

Options
I am new to the myfitnesspal website but have been a year long user of the application. I have wanted to lose weight for a long time and finally last year I lost 26lbs but in the past 10 months I have gained 10 lbs back. I am looking forward to using this application more steadily and the website to track my weight and my eating habits. Today I ate a muffin and it was over 600 calories... that was a shock right there since everything else I ate was completely healthy. So needless to say I am kind of mad at myself for eating the muffin but I can't change what I have eaten in the past, now I need to make sure I don't eat any in the future (or at least the entire costco muffin...).
I hope that I meet some great people on here that I can help motivate and that can motivate me.

Good luck!

Salud!

Replies

• sgill88
    sgill88 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi There,

I always do the same thing! eat healthy and exercise but then eat something thats bad then make myself feel like ive just wrecked the whole day! You just have to remeber that just because you have "wrecked" your day doesnt mean you just throw the rest of the day away like i do most times and think "Its ok tomorrow is a new day" But its not ok, ive changed my thought pattern to "well that was my bad food for that day and thats it" I hope these words are somewhat motivational haha, feel free to add me if you like :)

Sarah
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to the website! Don't feel bad or punish yourself for falling off the wagon. After all, you didn't realize it was that high in calories, it sounds. Just be a bit more careful to watch what you eat, maybe work out a little harder to make up the difference ;) And it really helps if you add the extra nutritional info, such as the protein (especially so if you're exercising!) and the carbs, sugars, fats, etc. It really helps. Keep protein high if you're going to work out :) Feel free to add me, dear, I love having new friends.