The day after easter

Options
I started dieting 15 days ago. I have been doing really good so far and lost a little over 4 pounds. Yesterday was Easter and I ate SO much and everything was unhealthy. I keep feeling like I will ruin my diet if I have days like that every once in a while, but today I'm back on track.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    days liek that are how i kept sane losing 110 lbs. Love it, Enjoy, Get back on track ;D
  • Faith413
    Faith413 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I feel the same but I think it helps knowing that we can't be perfect ALL the time. Just get back on track and smash your goals!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can relate.. but something I’ve learned after many yrs of weight loss struggling...

It’s in the past LEAVE IT THERE.

Focus on the days ahead, eat a few less calories this week get in a few more steps or workouts

Have a great day!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot with mindset and education.
    Don't aim to do good, aim to eat well and be happier and healthier, don't go on and off track.
    No food are healthy or unhealthy. It's all about portions, proportions, context and frequency.
    One pound of fatty tissue equals 3500 calories. That's how much over maintenance you have to eat in order to gain a pound of fat.
  • bciannella
    bciannella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was really good all week. Then came Easter and I ate way way too much. Feeling guilty, but back on track today. I won't beat myself up anymore for yesterday, all I can do is forge ahead.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Holidays happen. Remember you had fifteen healthy days before you celebrated . . . so you took fifteen steps forward and one day off, that's a great start to a diet! Just think of how good you'll feel in the next healthy fifteen days.

I've found that as I get more involved in cooking my own food, I'm getting better at judging portions. One thing that's helped for me with potlucks and food events is contributing food that is healthy to eat, such as kale tabouleh salad or even just cut vegetables. I've started taking over cooking for small (three people including me) family events to I can design the menu for health as well as celebration.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lol, I ate alot. Worth it. I didn't eat anything until the party though so it probably wasn't too bad.

I'm not worried about a day like that every so often as long as I'm good a majority of them time and get some workouts in. Ate like a king yesterday, back to normal until the next holiday ;)