Starting tomorrow - Postpartum doing BBG

Options
ZaraGrace101
ZaraGrace101 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2018 in Getting Started
Hi all!!
Anyone else getting starting tomorrow after Easter weekend? I’m 10 weeks postpartum and a mother of 2, and psyching myself up for some “cleaner” eating and staring Kayla’s BBG postnatal program. Lost 75% of my pregnancy weight straight away, but have since put it all back on :(
Initial goal is to lose 22lb to get to pre-pregnancy weight, and long-term goal is lose 34lb.
Nervous about how I’m going to get the workouts and tracking done with the craziness in household at the moment and that my kids aren’t in a great routine yet, but I’m motivated and going to give it a red hot go!
Any tips for getting in the zone, nailing first week etc would be very welcome.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are breastfeeding check out the info in the second half of this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

And this group is active and has some great ladies in it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

~best wishes
  • ZaraGrace101
    Options
    If you are breastfeeding check out the info in the second half of this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

And this group is active and has some great ladies in it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

~best wishes

Thank you so much!! Had a look through the thread, it’s super helpful. Will say hi in the group too ☺️
  • casscamp
    casscamp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm here to support I'm 7 months pp and I am just starting what I should of started at 10 weeks. Proud of you! I want to loose 25 lbs to get to pre pregnancy weight. Then I'm going for about 50 more.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I have two little ones under two. My youngest is 9 months and I started getting back to exercise about two months ago. Baby wasn't sleeping well so neither was momma and I was more concerned about sleep that weight loss. I've got about 15 lbs to lose to be back to prepreg weight. I also want to tone up.
    I've been eating better for a while now and I am using a c25k app to get back to running. I'm actually in week 8 of the app and run my first 5k race in two and 1/2 years on April 14th.

My advice for week one is set a schedule and stick to it. I couldn't do anything until I was getting proper sleep and good nutrition. make sure you've got your entire day planned so you can get done what you need to get done. I get up at 5 am to get in my runs before the rest of the house is up and my husband fills in for whatever needs to happen while I'm out running. I then wake him up (if he's not already) and our day begins with getting ready for work and kids to daycare.
    My kids have a schedule and it has been my lifesaver. Add me as a friend if you'd like. I log daily and my diary is open to friends. You got this momma!
  • ZaraGrace101
    Options
    casscamp wrote: »
    I'm here to support I'm 7 months pp and I am just starting what I should of started at 10 weeks. Proud of you! I want to loose 25 lbs to get to pre pregnancy weight. Then I'm going for about 50 more.

Thanks @casscamp, you’re too kind! To be honest I probably wouldn’t be back into it so soon if I hadn’t have been gaining weight, it has to stop. We both have a similar baby weight goal, we can do this!
  • ZaraGrace101
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have two little ones under two. My youngest is 9 months and I started getting back to exercise about two months ago. Baby wasn't sleeping well so neither was momma and I was more concerned about sleep that weight loss. I've got about 15 lbs to lose to be back to prepreg weight. I also want to tone up.
    I've been eating better for a while now and I am using a c25k app to get back to running. I'm actually in week 8 of the app and run my first 5k race in two and 1/2 years on April 14th.

My advice for week one is set a schedule and stick to it. I couldn't do anything until I was getting proper sleep and good nutrition. make sure you've got your entire day planned so you can get done what you need to get done. I get up at 5 am to get in my runs before the rest of the house is up and my husband fills in for whatever needs to happen while I'm out running. I then wake him up (if he's not already) and our day begins with getting ready for work and kids to daycare.
    My kids have a schedule and it has been my lifesaver. Add me as a friend if you'd like. I log daily and my diary is open to friends. You got this momma!

Great advice @amgreenwell, thank you! Wow you must be busy with two under 2!! I’m routine orientated normally and life was pretty smooth with just my toddler, but have struggled to get a grip on things since my newborn arrived. Would love to consistently do a 5am start but have to share with my husband who gets up at 5 to go to the gym most mornings. He is more than happy to give up a few days for me but I want him to feel good too so can’t hog them all. On the days I can’t go early I’ll be trying to get a session done from home or get out for a walk, and time it in with daycare days for my toddler.
    I’m going back to work tomorrow part-time, so agree that it’s all about creating a schedule. Also need to get organised the night before for the day ahead.
    Will definitely add you as a friend, thanks for the encouragement!
  • BSladeski
    BSladeski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Zara,
    I’m 4weeks postpartum with my second and I can’t wait to workout when I’m cleared. I did BBG for my wedding and it works but you have to run. I did just the exercises at first and toned up but didn’t loose anything (but I was pretty fit already). As soon as I bucked up and did the cardio, the weight melted off. I tried to do it again after my first but I failed to make the time and I wasn’t as motivated because I thought the weight would fall off with breastfeeding (lies lol). This time around my own advice for myself is to wake up and put on workout clothes first thing in the morning. Also eating healthier from the get go. Last time I waited until 6 months. Good Luck!!