Just got some questions.

Options
How many calories a day should I burn to actually lose weight? I do atleast 34 minutes doing Pilates but I only burned 124 calories should I go ahead burn some more? I do this daily. Also should I not worrie about my sugar going over if it is only coming from fruits?

Replies

• nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    every 3500 cals burned you should lose a lb! spread that over a week and you should be fine.
  • simplysara9
    Options
    MFP has a deficit built into your daily calories so you would still lose weight even without exercise.

As for the sugar... I would still watch my sugar intake but know that a lot of it comes from fruit. You don't want to over do it with the fruit even though it is healthy!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Do you do any other type of exercise? Any cardio? Strength training/toning?

You need to burn more calories than you take in...but at the same time, eat the calories MFP gives you (eating back exercise cals)...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar.
    White sugar comes from plants too!
    The benefit from fruit are the other nutrients, fiber, vitamins, antioxidents, etc...

You have to decide how much of everything you need.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well I recently just go tstarted back doign some excersice I do pilates, I do things in the house like cleaning but I some times to go outside and walk for a while.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Do you do any other type of exercise? Any cardio? Strength training/toning?

You need to burn more calories than you take in...but at the same time, eat the calories MFP gives you (eating back exercise cals)...

To add to this, keep in mind that burning calories doesn't automatically mean exercise, because your body burns a certain amount just existing in a day, you can get a rough idea of what yours is under Tools, BMR. So with that in mind, exercise is a burn on top of what your body already burns just getting through the day.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar.
    White sugar comes from plants too!
    The benefit from fruit are the other nutrients, fiber, vitamins, antioxidents, etc...

You have to decide how much of everything you need.

Sugar is not 'just' sugar....refined sugar is the especially bad stuff.
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    Yup the yoga is great wish i could do it but you need to do some walking too!
    Maybe biking if your up to it or some sort of cardio class at the gym.

Fruit is awesome and your body can process the sugar in it way better than
    the refined sugar we eat in our society everyday. Moderation is the key!

Good Luck!