protein & fiber

Options
I seem to go over on my protein and fiber, but stay below in everything else, how bad is this?

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It's a god thing! The protein and fiber seem to be set a little low on here for some reason. I went in and changed mine and now my goals (before exercise calories) are 35g fiber and 92g protein. Don't worry about going over on these :)
  • allready_gone
    Options
    I don't think it's bad at all depending on how far over you are going. If you are active at all it is believe you should be taking in at least 1/2 a gram of protein per lb of body weight (on average). I don't know what you weigh but I'm 143 and I've been doing so much better on everything since I began targeting a minimum of 75 grams per day. I believe that MFP settings are standard settings based on a default calorie intake plus your exercise calories. You might have to adjust them to better suit your needs. I am very active and run a lot so I adjusted my carbs/protein/fat ratios to 40/30/30. Works well for me. As far as the fiber is concerned...if everything is "moving" well, you aren't experiencing a lot of abdominal gas and discomfort and you're drinking plenty of water you should be fine.
  • MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I READ SOMEWHERE THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE TAKE IN 1G PER POUND OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT...DONT QUOTE ME THO AND I DO KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU NEED PROTIEN AFTER YOU WORKOUT TO HELP REPAIR THE MUSCLES...
    I KNOW NOT ALOT OF CLARITY BUT I HOPE I COULD BE OF SOME HELP TO YOU

BEST WISHES :-)
  • rdvincent
    Options
    Thanks for the info!