Keto friends!

Options
Hi! I'm seeking out some friends who are also doing Keto.
I've been in MFP for a while, but just starting the keto thing! :)
My main goal is to lose weight (goal is 100+lbs). But feeling better, more energy and overall just being healthy is a MUST.

I'm a Navy Veteran, mom of two boys, full time business analyst. Pretty busy life, but my health and wellness comes first.

Replies

• Mshough01
    Mshough01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I started doing Keto last week. I was at my highest weight ever! 390 lbs so I would love to loose 150 lbs or so myself. So far so good first week down and I have lost a little over 15 lbs. I'm sure the next several weeks will not have numbers like that, but it's a good start. I would love to make some Keto friends on here so we can get thru this together.
  • alannabanana75
    alannabanana75 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve been keto for 11 months now. Great results....going to send a friend request
  • krysssss_
    krysssss_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started Keto this week- today actually. I’m wanting to lose 25-30 lbs.
  • Jo_Fit01
    Jo_Fit01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! Day ☝️ on Keto! So far liking it!
  • igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey so I've been on keto for about two weeks. Its not as hard once you get used to it!! Add me if you want to!☺
  • sharigoyen
    sharigoyen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is the first time trying the Ketogenics Diet. I just finished my first week. I've lost 5.2 pounds. I only have 20 pounds to lose and its the hardest 20. It took me a few days to stop freaking out about eating so much fat cals. I'm just happy that it's going like they say it would. Another week to get through.....
  • LodiLooWho64
    LodiLooWho64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Beginning a one year journey! Let's be friends.
  • leann8806417417
    leann8806417417 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Started Keto Feb 26 and I'm down 19 lbs and feeling great! Adding you :)
  • screamingnoodle
    screamingnoodle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is awesome guys!! :smile: cant wait to get where I want!! :)
  • colletteseas
    colletteseas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am new to MFP as well as the Keto diet. This is day 2 for me. I have never really dieted in my life so it's a bit of a mental challenge, but so far I really like that the fats can replace my "need" for sugars like candy bars and sodas. MFP has these handy charts too for looking at the carbs vs fats vs proteins, so I am enjoying the analytical nature of it all. I am really unsure how many calories are a good target for me, like I said, I've never dieted before. The first day I hit over 4k cals lol! Today was better at 2,091. I didn't try to keep anything lower first day, just ran to fats whenever I would've eaten sugars. Mountain Dew-free for 2 days woot! I have about 65-80 pounds to lose, especially in the inches of fat around tummy, thighs, arms and neck. Swimming will be my friend.
    Thanks for listening to my rant and welcome anyone who wishes to compare notes or give me any tips.
    -Chris
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group