i feel like i am never gonna be able to do this:((

Options
i know that i'm being really negative and i hate being like that but i seriously feel like i am never going to lose the weight:(
it just hit me that i have ONE year until college...and i've already been trying to lose weight for like 5 years and i'll have periods where i do really good and then even moer when i just do terrible! it just doesnt feel like it will ever happen!:((

arg, idk how to do this really.

oh and sorry if this comes off as annoying, i just needed to vent!

Replies

• lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I feel you on this hun im sorry
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for a second time, with about 40 more pounds to lose this time around (that makes 150lb to lose). I'm 50lb closer than I was 5 month ago.

As long as you keep going, you will get there. If you have a bad day, so what, tomorrow's still going to be there. There's no fixing yesterday, you just move forward.
  • littlewords
    Options
    I felt like I'd never be able to do it either, but I've lost 8 pounds in the last two months, and almost 20 pounds overall.
    Have a little faith in yourself! Determination will get you everywhere : )
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    would it help if you set small goals?? lose 10lbs and keep it off for awhile and then another 10lbs and so on?!?! I find that small goals with rewards help me!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    BUMP I will be back later for my post ;-)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Listen, you HAVE to dedicate yourself to this, mind, body and soul. You cant half *kitten* it or it will never work out in the end. You CAN do this. When you are negative, you are just setting yourself up for failure. You have free will. Free will NOT to put the extra food in yoru mouth, Free will to get in your car and go work out. No one will do it for you. This is not some diet that you are doing. It is a lifestyle change. You have to want this. You didnt get overweight overnight, and you wont get skinny overnight either. Its not a race to the finish either. Take it one day at a time, one minute at a time. Remember, you control this, no one but YOU.
  • dmanic
    dmanic Posts: 7
    Options
    Try not to dig yourself in a negative trench. It's hard to find motivation when you're feeling down, but you can do it. Think about the reason why you want to lose weight and then think about the benefits of achieving that, compare that to how you are feeling now and hopefully you'll see a little ray of sunshine. It will happen eventually and when it does you'll be able to look back and pat yourself on the shoulder for making it. I'm going to look at pictures of me that I hate when I'm finding it hard.......I did the same when I quit smoking. 20 years a smoker of 30 a day and then nothing. I kept a pack in my drawer that I used to look at when i needed reminding why.

YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I understand. I feel that way sometimes but you know what? We can do this. It is not easy and sometimes it is just down right frustrating. With healthy food and exercise it will happen. When I get down I read the success stories or look at the biggest losers for inspiration. You have a wonderful network of support here. The first step...you want to loose weight...now believe that you can and I know you can If you really want to be thinner, healthier and strong.

Bless you, Bisky
  • rebeccaoneillcarter
    Options
    don't beat yourself up, though, that's completely counter productive. you can't change whatever happened on your journey before this moment, but you can make strong choices that make you feel good and powerful going forward! good luck, darlin!
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You have to be ready to make the change. Everyone wants to be the perfect weight and be in great shape, but not many people do what is required to make it happen. Until you truly decide you want things to be different, you will probably continue to struggle. Once you have made a commitment to yourself, you will see a dramatic difference. You have an entire year before college. That is more than enough time to make a huge change in your body. The first step though, is to make a change in your mind. It's hard to explain, but without changing your outlook on your body and your health you will probably be riding the "Diet Yo-Yo" for a while longer.

Good luck! It takes hard work, but when you have the right mindset the process will be easier.

~Arny
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    that's how lots of people feel in the beginning. honestly, i didn't think i was "gonna be able to do this" until i lost 65 lbs and was half way to my goal that it really sunk in that "i'm actually doing it!"

before i started college, i was probably around where you are now. then i gained A LOT of weight over the next 8 years. now that i'm back to my pre college weight, i see all the damage i did to my body by getting so heavy. i have the "extra skin" that everyone keeps talking about already and i still have another 60 lbs to lose, i have knee and back problems, my doctor wants to put me on cholesterol meds....

and i'm only 26!!!

start now when you only have 60 something to lose instead of 130 lbs or when u have caused permanent damage.

good luck!!! :)
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Listen, you HAVE to dedicate yourself to this, mind, body and soul. You cant half *kitten* it or it will never work out in the end. You CAN do this. When you are negative, you are just setting yourself up for failure. You have free will. Free will NOT to put the extra food in yoru mouth, Free will to get in your car and go work out. No one will do it for you. This is not some diet that you are doing. It is a lifestyle change. You have to want this. You didnt get overweight overnight, and you wont get skinny overnight either. Its not a race to the finish either. Take it one day at a time, one minute at a time. Remember, you control this, no one but YOU.

Brilliant! Very well said!

~Arny
  • LoraEllen
    Options
    Great job in reaching out and its okay and very normal to feel the way you feel!!! The first step of establishing a profile and using this site is a GREAT AMOUNT OF SUCCESS!! One day at a time! You're doing great just by being on this site and learning what it has to offer. There are so many wonderful people here that are excited to help you with your journey. We're all in this together! I have a son that is 21 so when I saw you were 17 the "mama" kicked in and I just had to reply to your post. It is hard being a teenager period...........add having weight to lose and I'm sure it feels overwhelming. But its not! You just have to get to a place where you feel like you have a handle on what you need to do to overcome this situation. This site is the perfect place to help you with that. I'm learning so much about myself and what I've been eating and polluting my body with for so many years. It doesn't change overnight.....it takes some time to turn things around and get into a routine. But, it can be done. If you would like to send me a friend request and read my diaries and see the challenges I'm in and what I do you are more than welcome. Also message me with questions you have since I've been on here for a while I may be able to help. Most important....its calories in and calories out! Sounds almost too simple but its true. Be sure you are logging and really reading the labels of what you eat and plan in advance what you will eat. That's so important. On the other end......move move move as much as possible to stay active and burn calories. Once you find your balance your body will do the rest. Finally, I can't stress drinking lots of water enoough. Half you body weight in ounces per day. So for a 200 pound person you have to drink 100 ounces of water per day. This flushes your system, helps your organs work at their best and keeps you hydrated for exercise. So in a nutshell....that's what I do. I wish you so much success on your journey. Stay focused and never give up. You can do it!!
  • snappy45
    Options
    You can do this. It doesn't have to be big losses every week like in biggest looser. It takes me two weeks to loose one pound. So what, as long as I'm going in the right direction, I'm happy. This is a life long journey. If 1200 cal is too hard, do 1300 but don't give up.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I understand how you feel but don't lose faith and above all do not give up. I had been struggling with my weight since I'm 15 years old although the biggest factor of my weight is my PCOS then lately type 2 diabetes. I lose then only to gain the weight back. Last year I ballooned to my HW and biggest waistline ever at 36" but then the doctor recommended me to change my lifestyle habits and from then on I started to lose weight slowly but surely until I now get to my desired weight and most importantly I'm now feeling better able to control my blood pressure and blood sugar level, no more dysmennorhea pain and I'm becoming less sickly nowadays. See its all about determination and lifestyle change. If you keep thinking on the negative side, chances are you will never able to make it. Also don't just focus on losing weight, think also the other benefits that proper diet and exercise will give you. Sure its very good to lose weight and keep it off but that should only come as a bonus to your healthy habits.
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    I found that I didn't get anywhere until I truly understood "take it one day at a time". I heard it so many times but always let it go in one ear and out the other. I would dwell on the past too much. Heck, even the present sometimes! Now I have reminders everywhere that say, "Every day is a NEW beginning!" Throw all your yesterdays away and make the most of every day fitness and eating-wise. Now I've been working out for a month and a half and am losing SO slowly! Hardly anything at all, for how hard I work. But it will keep getting easier. You can do it, we can do it! There are so many examples of people who kept going and got the payoff they were looking for. Everyone here gave really good advice. Don't beat yourself up and keep going. Always keep going.
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    Ok Young Lady....GET IT IN GEAR!

If it was easy we all would not be here on this journey together.
    You must find something that you like to do and then be consistent....that simple!
    You had mentioned INSANITY and that is probably to advanced to start out with.
    Believe me I have seen those commercials and I want to try it myself but I know that I'm not ready.

Instead try lots of walking or maybe jogging, biking or swimming especially since you live in FL...on the beach...nice!
    May I suggest yoga...especially hot yoga it has worked wonders for some of my friends!
    Also, Martial Arts would be awesome and some weight training.

I know how you feel because I have been heavy most of my life and it is a battle.
    But you have time on your side and if you change your life now then good health is in your future.
    Don't feel down or depressed...get mad, get pumped and get active...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Don't worry about the naysayers, the friends, the goofy boys who talk crap...worry about you and your health.
    Use them as your motivation each time you want to give up.
    Think how they going to be staring at you cause your going to be so amazing looking come prom time!

Develop a plan because to be successful....one needs a plan! Food and Exercise!
    NOW GO GET THEM AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU ROCK!!!!