Lazy Vs Lazy

Options
What am I suppose to do?

I don't really HAVE time to exercise. Honestly! And I'm not really just saying that cause I'm lazy as hell. I know everyone else has jobs but I don't know how to balance work and exercise, at all! I leave for work by 6:45- 8am and by the time I get home it's anywhere between 7- 8:30+. It takes me like an hour and half to get to and from work that by the time I get home the last thing I wanna be doing is moving vigorously.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    How about a short workout video like the 30DS...20 minutes of intensity. Thats why I've stuck with it so long because it's short, but it works!!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ok so you say you don't have time... but you only NEED 8 hours sleep a night. Even if you say you get home at 830, that leaves you with 10 hours before 630am. 8 hours sleep. Surely you can use 1/4 of your spare two hours to exercise? Even only every second day?

I used to be the best at saying I have no time. But if you REALLY want to, you will find the time.

FYI, I also travel to work, and depending on traffic take up to 3 hours (combined am/pm) travelling. There's no way I get 8 hours sleep a night, I'm more of a 5-6 hour person. I either get up early in the morning or go as soon as I get home from work, before dinner to exercise.

LIVING for the next 50 years is more important to me than EXISTING until I die of obesity.
  • dmanic
    dmanic Posts: 7
    Options
    I know how you feel. I work 12 hour night shifts 4 on 4 off and really dont feel like hitting the gym (even on my days off). I found that cycling to and from work really helped. Or if you cant do the whole journey by bike, do part of it and then car or public transport the rest.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    There are DVD's out there that are short such as 30DS and the other person mentioned. However, if you really don't feel like moving much after a long day (I understand..I wouldn't feel like it either) then make sure you eat well and get a decent workout in on your day offs - you must have day offs!? 2 decent workouts a week should work well as long as you are eating well on the sedentary days still.
    Also, in your lunch break, are you able to go for a walk? Even something small can be good if it keeps you moving :)
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    See thats what I'm considering doing. Buying something like the WII.
    But in saying that I'd have to go out and buy a badass TV too haha.
    We have one of those bikes that I was real into going on and did for a short time but then it's kinda locked in a room where no ones around and to be honest I get bored and fidgety real quick.
    Maybe I just haven't found "MY" workout type yet. A TV in front of me would be nice.. =)
  • MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. IN A SINCE I GUESS ITS A MATTER OF HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO? YOU CAN REST WHEN YOU GET HOME AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF(WHICH I KNO IS WAY HARD WHN YOUR TIRED) AND DO A QUICK ROUTINE. OR YOU CAN EXERCISE DURING YOUR LUNCH BREAK AT WORK.
    WORKOUT VIDEO ARE GREAT TOO. ALSO WORKOUT VIDEO GAMES. I USED TO DO DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION EVERY NIGHT. ANYTHING AT ALL IS BETTER THEN NOTHING.

BEST WISHES :-)
  • AngelaB0523
    AngelaB0523 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have the "awake energy" to do it in the morning, I tried that.

Then I tried working out during lunch break - that only left me gross & sweaty. The thought if staying clean and try just meant that I shouldn't push it during my lunch workout, but if I'm working out, I'm going to be a beast at it or what's the point.

What's working for me is hitting the gym after work, before my trek home. This way I'm still active and awake, and I do my vigorous activity before I plop down in the car for my hour-plus drive home. BTW, my "Gym" is curves, but I'm 28 and there are a TON of young people there. Plus, it gives me cardio and strength-training on every major muscle group in under 30 minutes.

Good luck with whatever you do!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel....its super hard to get off of work and then exercise .... no one WANTS to get up an hour earlier and exercise either hmmm maybe if you get a 30min lunch break you can take a walk with a co-worker or something?
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    OH GOD SLEEP!!
    Yanno how much I get? anywhere from 4 down. Another thing I really have to work on cause I dont even have the energy to do anything haha. My whole life has to be over hauled tbh.
    During the week I get about 4 hours sleep and weekends I sleep 12+
    I seriously dont know how people manage haha
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do not sweat it! I am in a smilar boat with work hours and just being plain exhausted by the time youhave time for you. Think about how you can change your habits during your work day. Can you take the stairs..more often? park a little farther away? Go for a walk during your lunch. There are ways to incorporate some "excercise" without going to a gym or utilizing a DVD. I have not been able to do DVD's or go to a gym for over two mothns ( that's another story) and I have still managed to lose almost 15 lb!. Concentrate on your food choices and making wise ones, when possible.
    From one...extremely full time.. working...female to another!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, I just like the pic.
  • MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    IM NOT KNOCKING THE WII BUT I ALSO HAVE THE KINECT AND I THINK ITS BETTER BECAUSE IT CAN REALLY SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I HAVE THE BIGGEST LOSER AND HE ASKS YOU QUESTIONS. LIKE DO YOU NEED TO STOP FOR A DRINK. IS THIS TO HARD...ETC. I LOVE IT!!! ESSPECIALLY BECAUSE I CANT SHAKE THE REMOTE AND CHEAT LOL.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    I know how you feel....its super hard to get off of work and then exercise .... no one WANTS to get up an hour earlier and exercise either hmmm maybe if you get a 30min lunch break you can take a walk with a co-worker or something?

"no one WANTS to get up an hour earlier and exercise either". My thought exactly! I try to go for a walk around the block.. when it's not raining lol. I'll even walk it a couple times cause 30 minutes really doesn't really go to far. By the time you take a leak and go down stairs you only got about 20-15 minutes left of the damn break!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I work and go to graduate school. During the school year, I am out of the house at 7:00 a.m., and in order to fit in working out, I am frequently not home until 11:00 p.m. If you want it bad enough, you can make it work.
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What mtdewgal4 said is a good solution. Find a gym that's located somewhere on your route home and join it. After work, eat a protein bar, down a bottle of water, and hit the gym. Take a quick shower and be on your way home. Do this Tues/Thurs, then work out again on Sat.

Surely you can find 2 hours during the week to put your health first?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    In the Fall/Spring I work, go to school at least 18hours, study, take care of my nieces/nephews, run errands for different people, go to church, eat!

Even if I have to exercise at 5:00a.m. or 11:00p.m. I will DO IT because I know it needs to get done. I am tired, but once you get your body into the grove you'll WANT to do it. There are so many, many, many, many, many, did I mention, many excuses as to why you can't do it, but those excuses will leave you in the exact same shape. So really, get rid of em' and find a simple exercise dvd like these people have mentioned already and DO IT. Especially if it's enjoyable like a dance cardio or something, you'll want to do it.

Are you really that tired? You may need a vitamin? More water? Better foods, idk, I haven't looked at any responses/your food diary, just my suggestions. You said you get off at 8:00p.m? That's plenty time to eat something light, exercise, go to sleep and be back up ready for work. Your health is more important than anything else.

Good luck, exercising doesn't have to be a drag :)
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    I don't have any advice, I just like the pic.

Thank you lol
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. IN A SINCE I GUESS ITS A MATTER OF HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO? YOU CAN REST WHEN YOU GET HOME AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF(WHICH I KNO IS WAY HARD WHN YOUR TIRED) AND DO A QUICK ROUTINE. OR YOU CAN EXERCISE DURING YOUR LUNCH BREAK AT WORK.
    WORKOUT VIDEO ARE GREAT TOO. ALSO WORKOUT VIDEO GAMES. I USED TO DO DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION EVERY NIGHT. ANYTHING AT ALL IS BETTER THEN NOTHING.

BEST WISHES :-)

I really like the idea of workout video games. I need a tv or something else making my brain work while I'm working.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/03/10/angry-birds-workout-plan/

If you don't have time, do that workout. 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there -- it adds up. If you have time to browse the forums, you have time to work out. :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Does it take you that long to get to work because of traffic? If yes, find a gym near your work - drive to gym before work to beat the traffic. Even if its only half hour, it's better than nothing!

That's what I did for about 2 years! I