Cheat meal/day

Options
I’ve been having a cheat meal once per week but I try to stay within in my calorie intake per day and try to still get my macros but sometimes I just can’t hit my macros and calories because of the type of food I eat. I just want to know what you guys do for cheat meal or cheat day?

Replies

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I do a "cheat meal" once a week. I stay within my calories most times. Cheat for me means eating something that I have cut out of my regular day to day routine. It's usually some thing high carb and greasy, like pizza or a sub. And I also treat myself to dessert.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I had a diagnostic procedure today, so all my eating came after 3 PM. I ate some junk! Logged every bit of it, walked over 10k steps and only logged part of that. It shouldn't have any effect (which is now my goal; stabilizing). The closest I come to cheating is logging something I eat today on tomorrow so that I stay at/under and then make it fit the next day. Now if not hitting macros is cheating, then I cheat a lot. I generally get more than the true minimum (like I only need about 60g of protein for my weight, even though the % will set it much higher), but I often come up short on wht mfp gives me.
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday so I’m really going to celebrate with foods I haven’t had in 2 months!!! Donuts for breakfast, Whataburger for lunch, Tex-mex fajitas for dinner, and cake for dessert and you’re darn right I’m not going to log any of it!! “Cheat days” are well deserved and I’ll log it (maybe I won’t log it) and move on the next day with a clean slate!!
    Needless to say I’m excited
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    If you do manage to stay within your calories and macros, what even makes them “cheat meals”? The ones that fit in that category sound like meals you could eat every day if you wanted, so why wouldn’t you? What is it you feel you’re getting from these “cheats”?
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I don't do cheat anything. I do exactly what you do...fit food into my calories. Because that is how I plan on eating once I'm long past losing.

This!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Over my 2 years of losing I had a "cheat" meal once every three weeks or so. Generally I ate something I wouldn't normally eat (eg:beef dip with melted cheese in a restaurant) but stayed around maintenance calories for my weight. This worked well for me. On the two occasions I threw caution to the wind (my 60th birthday and Christmas) I got sick from overeating. That was enough to convince me it wasn't worth it, lol. Cheating once a week would never have worked for me. My deficit is too small and a one day free for all would wipe out the whole week. Plus cheating that often would likely have caused me to lose control. By keeping within my calories more consistently I became comfortable with eating less regularly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you're sticking to your calories, and trying to still hit your macros, where exactly is the cheating part?