Bowflex Max Trainer M5/ High Protein Diet

Hello! Looking to make friends and share ideas. I'm 27, just had a baby. She's 9 months now and I gained a ton of weight AFTER giving birth. I'm weighing in at 270, 5'10 and would like to get down to 180 ish or less. I am breastfeeding and am trying to keep my caloric intake to 1400 or less. Seems my body is holding onto the weight so i bought this bowlfex m5, was sold on thr 14 minute workout. Their daily burn workouts tend to be more around 20 minutes. Going to give this high protein low carb diet a try. A bowl of sauteed shrimp, shredded chicken or steak sounds yummy to me. Trying to make a lifestyle change and looking for support. Anyone else using a max trainer?

Replies

• mangocake14
    mangocake14 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there, saw your post and was glad to find someone in the same boat as me. I too have put on more weight than what I'm used to since I had a kid. Bought the M5 recently to get some cardio back into my daily routine as well as eating healthy.
    So far, I can't do the MAX program on level 1 resistance for 14 mins so I'm doing manual and gradually working to 14 mins.
    How has your progress been since you bought the M5 in may?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Maybe your calorie goal is too low, especially as you are breastfeeding. Trying to be too restrictive, always backfires. Your body isn't holding onto weight, you are just eating more than you burn. Exercise is good for you, but it's not crucial for weightloss. If you eat low carb, you eat high fat, not high protein. You don't need any particular diet to lose weight, but you need to consistently eat fewer calories than your burn. What's important is that you stick to it.
  • ssanss
    ssanss Posts: 3 Member
    I was on the Bowflex for 1hour and 47 mins at a resistance level 2 to burn 515 calories. My goal is to Burn this much. At 20 minutes I burn only 100 calories . I tried to up my resistance but it’s so hard
  • ssanss
    ssanss Posts: 3 Member
    Can anyone also tell me how the chest strap for the heart rate monitor works ?
  • jrsegoviano
    jrsegoviano Posts: 2 Member
    ssanss wrote: »
    Can anyone also tell me how the chest strap for the heart rate monitor works ?

do you still help? all you do is wear it, machine picks it up automatically/
  • Hi there, saw your post and was glad to find someone in the same boat as me. I too have put on more weight than what I'm used to since I had a kid. Bought the M5 recently to get some cardio back into my daily routine as well as eating healthy.
    So far, I can't do the MAX program on level 1 resistance for 14 mins so I'm doing manual and gradually working to 14 mins.
    How has your progress been since you

I lost 35lvs. Then stopped using it and gained 50lbs😩