Need help getting started finally

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
So have been on here since 2011 I believe. I have struggled with my weight since my daughter was born in 2010. I always say I'm today is the day I'm going to change. I buy healthy food, plan to workout, and stop drinking 4 beers a night. Monday rolls around and it all goes out the window. I eat crap when I get home from work, I don't workout, I often eat out, and still drink my 4 beers. I really want to do this for me, my health, my kids, and just cause. I am up to 210 and I am so disgusted. I want to get back to 145lbs, so I have 65lbs to loose. Maybe it's the amount that is making it hard cause it seems impossible to me I'm not sure. But I really want to get my portions back, my calories in order, workout and drink only on the weekends. I would appreciate any advice. I know most would say just do it or stop being lazy or you just don't want it enough yet. But honestly I do. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• midget_60087
    midget_60087 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined a weight loss center in my town and they asked that I use mfp. Perhaps you need a Dr. endorsed weight loss program to get the ball rolling.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Also, break up your overall goal into smaller milestones to make it less overwhelming. Start with aiming to lose just 5lbs or 10lbs. When you get there - and it doesn't matter how long it takes you! - set a new goal for the next five or ten, and so on. You'll be halfway there before you know it!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Most in here won't say you're lazy or don't want it enough - I think. It sounds like you want to lose weight and are prepared to do what it takes, too. But you don't have a good plan yet. A good plan is not the perfect, ideal plan, that you can follow if only things were a little different. A good plan is a plan you can start with now, that makes a good dent, that you can stick to in your real life situation like it really is, right now. Your real life will make you tired, every day, and if you feel deprived, resentful and emotional too, you have no boundaries in place to stop yourself from self destructive actions.

So I suggest you stop buying healthy food, and also stop buying crap food and beer. Just buy food, food you like and want to eat. Have one beer once a week - if you go out to eat, that could be the weekly occasion for beer, both beer, and eating out, will become something to look forward to instead of something you just do. Having that beer could also be an excuse to walk instead of driving. Don't plan to workout - schedule workout. Workout doesn't have to be going to the gym, it can be walking, or playing with your daughter, or dancing.
  • CassieR6
    Options
    Most in here won't say you're lazy or don't want it enough - I think. It sounds like you want to lose weight and are prepared to do what it takes, too. But you don't have a good plan yet. A good plan is not the perfect, ideal plan, that you can follow if only things were a little different. A good plan is a plan you can start with now, that makes a good dent, that you can stick to in your real life situation like it really is, right now. Your real life will make you tired, every day, and if you feel deprived, resentful and emotional too, you have no boundaries in place to stop yourself from self destructive actions.

So I suggest you stop buying healthy food, and also stop buying crap food and beer. Just buy food, food you like and want to eat. Have one beer once a week - if you go out to eat, that could be the weekly occasion for beer, both beer, and eating out, will become something to look forward to instead of something you just do. Having that beer could also be an excuse to walk instead of driving. Don't plan to workout - schedule workout. Workout doesn't have to be going to the gym, it can be walking, or playing with your daughter, or dancing.

Thank you so much this is great advice!!

• CassieR6
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice!