Here we go again...

Options
Needing to lose 50 pounds turned into needing to lose 60 pounds real fast...

Yikes.

Replies

• jasonmga
    jasonmga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    how fast is real fast??
  • jasonmga
    jasonmga Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Yikes.

I have lost 20 pounds at the beginning of March and since then I have not lost any weight!!! it sucks this has been a horrible month and I still need to lose another 40 pounds. :(
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight fast turns into needing to lose more weight. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Continue_My_Dear Posts: 200 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Trying to lose weight fast turns into needing to lose more weight. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm not going to lose fast. I gained 10 pounds fast. I'm set to 1.5 pounds a week.
  • nicolewolff96
    nicolewolff96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, trying to get back on track. It's a process though.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options

It's totally a process. It's so hard to get back on track.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. Not to long ago I had 30lbs to loose, then it turned into 50lbs and now I am all the way up to 60lbs! But I am here and ready to finally get this weight gone!!! You can do this, like I have been told on here by someone just start with small goals and work your way up there which is what I plan on doing! You got this!!!!
  • HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Yikes.

One week at a time. Certainly overwhelming at the beginning, and although I've lost about 25lbs since Jan 1, I still have those days where I question everything. But be persistent and consistent and get some good friends on here who will support you throughout. You've made a big step by getting on here.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    HarveysBud wrote: »

Yikes.

One week at a time. Certainly overwhelming at the beginning, and although I've lost about 25lbs since Jan 1, I still have those days where I question everything. But be persistent and consistent and get some good friends on here who will support you throughout. You've made a big step by getting on here.

Thank you so much!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Why real fast?
  • Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you! For me it’s the decision to go all in that takes the longest. Once before I lost all the weight and now have gained it all back and more. I never realized just how difficult it was to get myself to commit .. I mean eating a good meal here or going to the gym once is easy .. but making myself go to the gym everyday or watching every bite that goes in my mouth based on a well thought out and disciplined diet plan .. those are what separates the successful from those who struggle. I just started over .. AGAIN .. for the upteenth millionth time. My goal is 40-50 pounds.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Why real fast?

As I said above, I gain 10 pounds really fast. I don't plan to lose it really fast.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, grammar :D
    Sorry, I too misunderstood, OP :)
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Oh, grammar :D
    Sorry, I too misunderstood, OP :)

Yeah, I'd go back and fix it, but I can't edit it at this point! :neutral:
  • aleshavyoung
    aleshavyoung Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too, but i think i will take the advice of starting small should help get back on track
  • IrRevd
    IrRevd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck. We are both looking at similar goals although I want to lose my weight yesterday lol
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do this
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels! You can do it with accountability and meal prep for starters!
    The no thinking about what to eat bc it's already made is key for me
  • Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with not dwelling on my mistakes. Eating poorly one day shouldn’t mean automatically going into a nose dive for the next week. So I have tried to learn to forgive myself, forget it and move on to try to do a better job the following day.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options

It's totally a process. It's so hard to get back on track.

What caused you go "off track" the last time? learning from previous mistakes is a good place to start.

A good plan of attack for long term weight loss and maintenance needs to be:
    • Simple
    • Healthy
    • Achievable
    • Sustainable