Losing 100lbs???

Options
finallygettingfit223
finallygettingfit223 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2018 in Getting Started
I am new here and am looking for friends for support and encouragement. I am a wife, mom to 3 kids and work full time. Life is hectic but I need to make this change for myself. For so long I was trying for all the wrong reasons!!! I eat out of boredom/emotion. The hard part for me is I work overnights as a nurse and have downtime where I feel like just stuffing in as much as I can. I have finally gotten that under control. So now it is time to make the remaining changes to my lifestyle. I’m sad to say I have to lose over 100lbs.

Replies

• sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am a wife and mom to three kids and work full time also. Not the night shift like you though - but I have my afternoon challenges - I want to much between lunch and dinner. Keep up the good work.
  • appalachian_gigi
    appalachian_gigi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for friends as well. I have over 100 lbs to lose
  • BeachLife143
    BeachLife143 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay motivated also! 100 to loose also.
  • brookesdsu
    brookesdsu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 130 pounds, I'm 21 down so far. Mom of 3, two jobs, and getting my Master's degree. We can do this! Feel free to add me!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Many of us are in the same boat with 100 pounds or more to lose. Welcome to the club. Welcome to MFP. You are not alone.
  • montanabT13
    montanabT13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 70lbs to loose but I’m also a nurse (although currently on maternity leave) so I’ve sent you a request x
  • Freyhb
    Freyhb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a collective 100lbs to lose too. I think the hardest part is to get started. Don't think of it as a long journey because that creates a mental roadblock. I started with 100 lbs to lose but have lost 20lbs already just by using MFP. Over time, once you have started, it will become easier
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I had 100 pounds to lose at the beginning of the year and I have lost almost 30 so far. I'd love more support.
  • NatureMadeBeauty
    NatureMadeBeauty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Need to lose one hundred pounds even for myself and my job! Limited to physical activity due to knee I need a replacement or I might go the new gel injection way! Have any of you have these procedures done? Would love for you add me and all so would love for you to tell me about yourself! Need encouragement. People are cruel sometimes!
  • kayla201453
    kayla201453 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Like to share my jouney with others but dont know how things works on here. I started a week ago and I lost 10 pounds. It feels so good to get started. Hope to find others to share
  • CatRunna
    CatRunna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me, I am a Mum to 3 teenagers and I also work night shift, I’m a registered nurse. Totally understand the messed up eating patterns thanks to night shift. I am a long time MFP user and it has helped me keep on track.
    I hope you find the support and advice that you need on MFP, it’s a great tool for keeping your eating on track. Good luck with reaching your goals!
  • tankgilland
    tankgilland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I’m Shawn most people call me Tank lol,
    Try most things for loss not much has worked or worked very well but then life happened, doing this as pre surgery and would like to help any one with what I’ve try maybe works better for you and also looking for friends to talk to and have support
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Chris, Feel free to add me as well, I've got over 150 pounds to lose
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm also a nurse! Started with 147 to lose 5 weeks ago, I'm down about 25lbs now! 122lbs left to go!!!
  • heatherrk45
    heatherrk45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have about 135 lbs to lose as well! Anyone feel free to add me...the more the merrier! :smile:
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am a night nurse as well. I am also a mom and a full time NP student. I decided last year that those were ALL excuses. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. I have lost 92 pounds since May. I have about 24 to go. Anyone can add me if they like, but I don't BS anything!
  • NatureMadeBeauty
    NatureMadeBeauty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me! I need encouragment
  • lisa19682018
    lisa19682018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I please be added? I too need support! Been battling this for a number of years now and constantly fail.
  • brocktongirl69
    brocktongirl69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! Please add me as well.