Water Enhancers- good or bad?

Options
I use water enhancers in every bottle of water (I refill my bottle all day). My go to are the "Singles to Go". They are 5 calories each, I average 6-8 a day and log each packet. My question here I supposed would be, is there such a thing as too much?

I cannot stand to drink plain water, and this helps me make my intake goal everyday. Just trying to ensure I am not causing more harm than good.

Replies

• andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It's no worse than having 6-8 pieces of gum
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well, thanks to water enahncers, I finally got my blood urea nitrogen to within normal limits range (measure for hydration status). I have a difficult time drinking water like yourself.

Positive objective measure for improving health, I see why not (I don't know what your lab values would indicate based on your hydration or if you're just attempting to hit some arbitrary #glasses per day or #ounces per body weight, etc.)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Whatever it takes to drink your water!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    All I drink is water with flavor enhancers of some kind. Lots and lots of water. And occasional diet soda. I have for years. So far nothing sinister has befallen me.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    No problem as long as you like them and the calories you're consuming with them are acceptable to you.
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That’s pretty much the only way I can drink water all day. I use the squirt type of enhancer and it’s 0 calories. I keep one at work as well as in my purse.
  • dmankruoss
    dmankruoss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Those are really helpful to help flavor water. I also use BCAA's
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    dmankruoss wrote: »
    Those are really helpful to help flavor water. I also use BCAA's
    BCAAs are great for flavoring, useless for anything else.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would be a cactus without Crystal Light, I'm really not a fan of plain water either. I'm getting through my 32oz bottle about 3 times at work now and it's only 30 calories added to my log. Well worth it to me; and it might be for you, too!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have soooo many at work since Kroger/King Soopers had the Buy 6 sale that included them... Yaasss. I use about half a packet per bottle of water. I DRINK SO MUCH WATER NOW.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I basically drink Mio-sweetened water exclusively. Nothing bad has happened to me yet. :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I really like plain water for everyday, but I make iced green tea with a few herbal tea bags added for flavor to keep in a pitcher at home, and if it's a legal holiday and we're home for a few days, I make fruit infused water in a pitcher - I like to add: celery, cucumber, lemons and an orange. A little lime if I'm feeling frisky !!!

Last week I splurged on a pomegranate to add to it !!!
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel a lot less guilty now LOL. I do drink fruit infused. I just buy bags of frozen and use it like ice. So yummy! But I also Loooooove my pineapple single to go!