Dukan Diet

Options
Has anyone here heard of the Dukan Diet? I read about it this morning in one of my mom's magazines. Does it work? I read that it's got a great success rate, but has anyone on here actually tried it? I'm thinking of trying it, but I have to figure out how safe it is and if it's worth cutting out everything i've ever liked to eat.

Replies

• brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    it does work but its bad for you. and defo dont start it if u have any cholesterol problems. a diet full of protein nd nothing else for a few weeks
  • calorie712
    Options
    Awesome diet, it is something you can use as a tool for the rest of your life to stay trim. I have lost 40 lbs. I have about 10 to go. Bad for you? How is losing 40 lbs bad for me? I eat a lot of chicken, steak, burger, turkey, and fish. But every other day you eat vegetables. That is only while you lose weight, then you get back in to eating normal SLOWLY so you don't gain weight back. So it is low fat proteins and non-fat dairy for a couple months. Is it worth it? HELL YEAH!
  • ttheriot
    ttheriot Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been on Dukan for almost a couple weeks now, and have lost 11 pounds so far. The first phase-the Attack Phase can be challenging, but it's great for jump starting your metabolism. It gets your bod to start burning your stored fat. The protein that is recommended is low fat. Yes, you give up the carbs, but they are bad for you anyway, and those are what make many people fat in the first place. After a couple days on Dukan your appetite decreases, and you no longer crave the sweets or carbs, such as pasta, bread, etc. It is a healthy diet that I will be on for the rest of my life.
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry to butt in on the thread but to those that have had success with the Dukan diet, do you have any lunch/dinner ideas for work, etc.?

I'm struggling to think of things I can bring to work that will keep me within the restrictions of the diet... what did you guys eat?

Thanks and sorry again!
  • spalfrey
    spalfrey Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi,

I am on day 4 of the Dukan Diet and love it so far! I've been eating crab sticks, youghurt, bits of chicken breat, slices of ham and hard boiled egg for lunch at work and I'm not even very hungry. Brilliant diet so far! Although...ask me again in 2 weeks haha

Sarah xx
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am on day 4 of the Dukan Diet and love it so far! I've been eating crab sticks, youghurt, bits of chicken breat, slices of ham and hard boiled egg for lunch at work and I'm not even very hungry. Brilliant diet so far! Although...ask me again in 2 weeks haha

Sarah xx

What kind of yogurt? I'm going to guess any kind without added sugar?
  • piscean2764
    piscean2764 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You know that you can eat other proteins and even if you exceed the recommended 1200 calories, you will lose weight. in fact the more lean protein you eat (in regular small doses- i.e. not getting over full but satisfied) the more weight you will lose because your body uses more energy to digest protein than any other foodgroup, so you expend more energy by simply eating the Dukan way!
    Eat chicken breasts and thighs, roasted or grilled with skin removed. Eat fish- oily included. Eat lean beef cuts and make rissoles or burgers by seasoning and binding with egg. Eat Abis Dukan chocolate cake...and you are allowed rhubarb (sweetened with low calorie sweetener) every day! ... make your own Dukan chocolate!
    This is a diet that can be enjoyed!! Enjoy it to the full.
    Happy Dukanning.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 22 and am down 9.5 pounds...this is the ONLY thing that has worked for me, and I feel great. I used to have the worlds biggest sweet tooth, but I dont even miss the stuff anymore.

For food ideas, look at my diary. I add in a few things (like a few almonds) to bump up my calories, but I am still losing, so I am happy. Oh, and I am down a pant size!
  • ncslane
    ncslane Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been on Dukan for two weeks and am beginning to struggle... I haven't done it strictly to the book but i have still be really pleased with the results. Until last night - when I had a bit of a binge on ice-cream! I miss sweet foods a lot and sometimes 0% fat yoghurt just doesn't fill the hole. Thankfully, motivated myself to get back on it this morning for an attack day which went fairly well although sitting here writing this, dreaming about a Twix! Doesn't help when you live with a guy who is actively trying to put on weight- not loose it! Best of luck to the other Dukan followers out there- you can do it!
  • spalfrey
    spalfrey Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes just fat free youghurt, I've been eating Muller Light in all their flavours as long as fat free.

I'm now on day 9 and still feeling great, lost 6lbs and feel tighter and better. This is the ONLY diet ever where I dont feel hungry, its weird. I'm worried that I'm going to need a "binge meal out" sometime soon just as I miss pasta etc but I'm determined to try to pass the urge!

Good luck other Dukan'ers!
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    I've been on it for just over 2 months and just this week entered the final phase of stabilization. I got to my goal (120 lbs) and lost 3 more lbs before I hit consolidation, which only took me 4 weeks to lose 14 lbs. In my last week of consolidation, I didn't really weigh myself, didn't have time to exercise, and didn't even have time to eat my oat bran. I actually lost 2 more pounds and am currently at 115 lbs at 5'6"! This is the skinniest I've been since I was a car hop in high school, and this is the ONLY diet/exercise program that has worked for me. And I'm a vegetarian, so my options were even more limited.
  • iwillbeoneday
    iwillbeoneday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Is Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt ok to eat on the Dukan Diet? It has 0% Fat but has 7g of sugar (also has 18g protein). If not, what alternatives are there?
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    bump
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    I am not on Dukan, but on another forum where I post, there are several women who have been on it for 3 months and their success stories are STAGGERING. Simply staggering. I have added 2 Tbsp. of oat bran into my morning snack routine, just because of HOW successful that Dukan group (of women) has been!
  • iwillbeoneday
    iwillbeoneday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am not on Dukan, but on another forum where I post, there are several women who have been on it for 3 months and their success stories are STAGGERING. Simply staggering. I have added 2 Tbsp. of oat bran into my morning snack routine, just because of HOW successful that Dukan group (of women) has been!

What group was this? I would love to read up on it.
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for 6 wks and have lost 22 lbs. I feel great, full of energy!
  • TaraTipp
    TaraTipp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I do it too - it's great!
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump