Coffee alternatives and energy items?

Options
I have a serious issue with coffee addiction. As my second day doing this, I need to find something to replace my 2 cups of coffee per day habit. I don't use sugar, but it is iced with vanilla creamer. Anyone else have the same issue or has been successful in replacing a coffee drink and the creamer? I really REALLY don't like tea but if that's the only solution I'll take it.

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black or take caffeine pills.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    If you've got an addiction with a 2 cup per day habit, I hate to think what I have with my 4-5 cups per day habit!

Just drink it black with artificial sweetener if you need it. You can splash in a little milk if you need the creaminess.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    is it the caffeine or the habit you are addicted to? If it's the caffeine, try any caffeine pill, tea or even energy drink (although black coffee is better for you). If you need the drink, try a low fat, low sugar creamer and stevia :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    2 cups is nothing. I could get through that before I even get out of bed in the morning. Personally, I like energy drinks. I drink a Monster Zero in the morning, and drink another one after I work out. And then I'll have a cup of coffee later in the afternoon. I used to have another one at night, but I'm trying to cut back.
  • skinnyheather
    skinnyheather Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    V8 Energy drinks are really good. 50 calories, caffeine from green tea, plus you get some extra vitamins.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to give it up? Do you have a problem with the caffeine? Or is it the calories?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Embrace your inner caffeine demons...I have no intention to quit for the rest of my life; I feel like I am a better/more enhanced version of myself with caffeine. Addiction = ever increasing dose to get the same effect/"high" =/= physiological tolerance...taking the same dose to feel "normal". Just stay consistent
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    If you live in the U.K. there is something at Holland and Barret called Whole Earth Organic No Caf Coffee Alternative...I really like it personally.

If you don't live in the U.K...It's basically roasted barley tea (mugicha in Japanese), but tastes similar to coffee. Affordable and tasty. You can probably buy this online or at an asian grocer. Hope this helps!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It took me quite awhile to wean myself off of coffee creamer (almost a year). But I did it and I now drink my coffee black. I tried adding creamer as a treat over the weekend, and it just tasted gross and chemical-y.

Slowly reduce the amount of creamer you use. You can try unsweetened vanilla almond milk to help cut calories and add sweetness.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You could use almond/coconut/soy milk instead of the milk/creamer and use sugar free syrups for the sweetness. I just cut out my creamer and started doing this and it tastes great. Torani has a ton of flavored syrups. I got SF Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, SF Toffee and SF Hazelnut and I’m not missing the creamer at all. I love my coffee too much to not have it, if you want it that bad just compromise on an alternative to sweeten it.
  • johnson91308
    johnson91308 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mix cold black coffee in with a couple ounces almond milk and vanilla protein powder. I still get my flavored coffee.
  • shannonreidwiltshire
    shannonreidwiltshire Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I add Crystal Light with caffeine to my water to get my caffeine. I don't like coffee, tea or diet soda so when I quit drinking Dr. Pepper this is what I switched to. Recently my doctor said that new studies were showing that too much artificial sweetener could mess with your blood sugar and stall weight loss so just this week I've starting using Stur Liquid Water Enahncer with Organic Caffeine. It's made with Stevia. So far, no caffeine headaches.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What about green tea?
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I replace my morning tea with water. If I'm still feeling droopy after I've had my water, then I have a cup of tea.