Replies

• violet1
    violet1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Alli?
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it, but I used to work at Wal-greens and the pharmacists would always talk about it. From what they said, it seems to work very well, and quickly, but it comes with it's deffinate consequences. Apparently there was a high number of users who basically lost all control of their bowels. Some of them were to the point of wearing depends (or like things) because they could not control themselves. Also, there was talk of many of the users have coats of greese around their toilet bowls. (I hope this is not too forward, just trying to be honest). They said that basically it just made everything pass directly through your body. I can't imagine how that could be healthy, almost seems like a giant laxitive. I couldn't imagine you getting the nutrients that your body needs. I would do more research if I were you, but these are the things that I heard that they may not mention on the website. I hope that it helps some!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    You'll get many answers regarding Alli. If you put it in the search section, you'll come up with tons. I've tried it and lost a few but gained it all back and it brought friends. I've had much more success following MFP. I'm going to continue utilizing the tools and support here at MFP, saving my money and not having greasy stinkers.

Lynnie
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, never will. I don't care if I lost all of my weight within a month...the possibility of pooping my pants and having greasy you know what would never ever let me try it.
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know I am here because I need help and I am no expert, but I just do not think that you can fool mother nature without serious consequences. I am very leary of Alli. I really think that becoming more aware of my diet, eating more nutrient dense foods, raw foods, and plenty of water, sunshine, exercise, and proper sleep and rest will bring the results I need.
  • AllieD
    AllieD Posts: 35
    Options
    I used it for a while but it was really expensive and I just didn't have the money for that. It worked a little bit but I wasn't as strict with my calories as I should have been so I did not see any major results. The booklet that comes with it says you have to be very careful with the total number of grams of fat you eat...that's y some people had problems with their bowel control because they ate to many grams of fat.
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well ive known a few that has tried it and i def would not be interested. Both people i know would have leakage from their bottom i guess its the grease. And it's in my oppinion not worth ruining my clothes non stop and putting up with the what could be very embarassing. I say do it the good old fashion way. Drink your liquids, eat healthy and exercise.. :happy:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd - I really wish I hadn't been eating breakfast when I read this thread... :sick:
  • GoAlina
    Options
    I just started with Alli.
    A week and 1/2 and I have lost 2 pounds, even though I have not been too faithful with the diet. As long as you follow the instructions, and the diet plan I believe it works fine. At least it is something to help you start going for a while. I definitely will not use this for a long period of time. I know keeping down weight is something I must do and keep on my own with a healthy diet and excersise. Also, it is important to take a multi vitamin every day to compensate the loss of vitamins thru the loss of fat. I have had no problem with vowel movement, the instructions explain how to avoid that.

I got t the starter kit on sale for $49.00. It contains 90 pills.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I used Alli and prior to it becoming over the counter, I also used the prescription equivalent Xenical. Here's the thing, if you're eating alot of fat in your diet you will see some orange grease looking stools, but if you eat healthy overall, it probably won't do much at all. When bf and I went on vacation to an all-inclusive, we overate and we saw results but for the most part unless I had a day out eating something fried, that was the oly time both versions did anything.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The only experieince I have with Alli is about 1.5 yrs ago when it first came out, a girl at my gym had a 'side effect' episode right in front of me, I saw the orange stuff running down her leg, it was awful. She acted as if it were a runny nose.

I doubt I'd ever try it...too expensive.

I peeked on their chat boards and the uh, 'side effect' that is so commonly talked about is known as an "Alli Oops" and best remedied by keeping a spare pair of pants in the car.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    The only experieince I have with Alli is about 1.5 yrs ago when it first came out, a girl at my gym had a 'side effect' episode right in front of me, I saw the orange stuff running down her leg, it was awful. She acted as if it were a runny nose.

I doubt I'd ever try it...too expensive.

I peeked on their chat boards and the uh, 'side effect' that is so commonly talked about is known as an "Alli Oops" and best remedied by keeping a spare pair of pants in the car.
    That's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard in my life. :sick: