Anyone out there a pescetarian?

For those of you that don't know, it means you don't eat any meat except for sea food. I was wondering if you have trouble getting protein, fiber, carbs, etc. I was thinking about trying it out. I like sea food. I don't eat red meat anyway. And I don't like chicken enough that I'll miss it overly much if I do decide to. Any thoughts?

Replies

• VitaLeta
    VitaLeta Posts: 19 Member
    I guess that's what I am! haha... I follow basically a vegan diet with the addition of seafood. It's done wonders for my cholesterol, but I do struggle with the protein. I'm usually good (or at least close) on days when I have fish... I'm working at up on all the other days.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Half the people i live with are pesketerians..
    I am not lol..

They buy tons of this "quorn" stuff.
    Its suppose to give you all the nutrients you would get from meat.
    Personally i think it tastes like liver..
    But saying that i dont really like fish, too slimey for me.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    I'm essentially a pescatarian - I usually eat vegetarian for breakfast and lunch, with fish or shellfish for dinner, and I have not problem getting enough protein and other nutrients. Fiber and carbs come from fruits, veggies and grains, so that doesn't have anything to do with your meat choice - if you're eating a healthy, balanced diet you'll get plenty of those. I think it's a lot easier than being a full-fledged vegetarian, and fish is great for weight loss too.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    and fish is great for weight loss too.

And for your hair and complexion!!
    Wish i loved fish!!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    I am a pescetarian! But I only eat fish on a rare occasion... Not weekly.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    I love all kinds of seafood, and try and eat it as often as possible. I'd have grilled fish 5+ nights a week, if t wasn't so darn expensive!! I am picky, grew up near the ocean so I have to have fresh, not previously frozen fish. There is an amazing market near me that gets fresh fish delivered daily. Typically the least expensive fish is $15.99/lb. A little too pricey for me to have more than once a week.