New to Keto. 30lbs to lose!

Options
Hello Keto friends. I am new to Keto and excited to see how this journey goes. I am a nurse by profession and have never had an issue trimming down if I gained a few pounds. Boy, once I hit 50 it is like "what the heck"? So for the past 2 years cutting back and exercising "very inconsistently" has not helped! I have been successful on Weight Watchers in the past but the idea of losing weight with the low carb and increased healthy fat theory along with so many success stories is very motivating! Today is the first day I am tracking everything with the Fitness Pal app, where for the past two weeks I was just eating Keto foods. I feel so much better when I don't eat a lot of carbs and eating the healthy fats. I would LOVE to lose 10 pound this month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D:)

Replies

• lil_red08
    lil_red08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has been on Keto for a couple weeks now and he’s already lost 16lbs before he started adding exercise. We both started taking walks around the block and that’s been helping too. Good luck
  • gingersnappss
    gingersnappss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Restarting Keto yet again tomorrow. I need some support. I’m looking for others who are experienced Ketoers or people starting out like myself. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I check in everyday but don’t enter my food everyday, really need to stay on top of that. Anyhow, all friends welcomed!
  • charleslenearduncan
    Options
    5/20/75 Guys
  • 100110lovee
    100110lovee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I NEED SOME KETO FRIENDS ADD ME :)
  • nancyfinally
    nancyfinally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can add me. trying something different
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm restarting low carb, but have had plenty of success with keto in the past. I started at 343 pounds in 2015 and lost 137 pounds doing keto/low carb for just over a year. I'm back at it again because I've gained a bit of weight since having my son and I've always felt much healthier eating less carbs. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love eating Keto. I just don’t go crazy with cheese. I get my fats elsewhere .. like avocados. I try to stay around 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. It can be a struggle at times, but that’s my starting point anyway. Keeping my carbs down is the most important thing .. that and avoiding any sugar as the continued cravings would drive me to binging. I hope you find your happy place with Keto and crush all your goals. Feel free to add me .. I can use all the encouragement I can get.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group