350 lbs and feeling like a complete failure

Options

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    First off you are not a failure. You have taken the first step in taking back control of your life, by getting into shape and shedding some unwanted baggage.

I'm not going to lie to you, it going to be TOUGH, You're going to feel like CRYING, You might even feel like GIVING UP, but DON'T! It takes time to get into a routine and beleive me it will get harder and harder and eventually it will get Tolerable NOT easier.

It takes time for your body to get into a routine and once it does that means you need to change it up (remember this for the future)

So keep with it DON"T GIVE UP!!!!, feel free to add me as a friend.

Take care and Good luck

~Chika
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. All journeys have beginnings and your is starting now - a little winded but reaching out for support. Good for you.

When you track your walking, it's not measured by distance, but speed and amount of time spent doing it.

A complete failure would not be on this website. Welcome!
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    If you must see your trainer, make sure you tell them where you hurt and what you did since your last appointment. I would agree to put it off if you can so you can get your money's worth when you are not so sore.

Baby steps my dear. I remember watching a show where the guy started on his weight loss journey by just standing up and down from the couch until it got easier (He was over 600 pounds). Everyday he did a little bit more. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102897959747720 that's his FaceBook page talking about it.

Good luck and you can do it!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I started at 310 I'm right there with you ...the hard exercises get easier
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    KEEP GOING! That single step is helping you more than you realise -

For your shin splints - buy some proper "running" shoes with lots of cushioning and ice the pain when you come home

Good luck!
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    It does get easier, and yes there is a lot of fear in the beginning especially if you haven't done anything like this in awhile, if at all. But everybody here is here to support you like we support each other. I started out at 299 and was at 287 when I started this site. I tell anybody who will listen about how this has changed my life. Stay dedicated, overcome the fear and you will be thrilled what comes out on the other side!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You are moving... how can that be failure?
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Failure would be giving up. You're still going, shin splint and all. You can do this. One day at a time. Each day you complete is a success. And it does get easier. You will get stronger and have to work harder to challenge yourself, even though that seems unbelievable now. Just keep going.
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. This has been really hard for me to diet. I started journey at 330lbs. Been though many ups and down but starting to loose it not in weight but in inches. I go to the local gym and doing a lot of swimming it less pressure on the joints and you burn more calories. Best of luck and if you need support send me a friend request and I will sure try to help you. Don't give up.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome and the bigger you are the harder it is I started heavier than you. If you are going to the gym let the trainer help you they are usually expensive and short. If it has a pool use it. The track you are using is it dirt or rubber most now days are rubber for the athletes. If dirt walk on the grass beside it my doctor said it is better for your legs etc. as it is softer. Treadmill at gym is also softer as it has movement. I started at the gym on the treadmill at 60 minutes and I force myself i use the rolling setting on level 6 and a setting of 2.4 because I don't have to change it when the elevation goes up and down. I was using level 15 and had to make it go slower when it got to the high elevations that one go to 11 incline. I sweat like a pig need to make a head band out of a sham wow to collect sweat thank god the treadmill has rubber to keep me grounded or I would be electrocuted. You may add me as a fried if you would like Best of luck
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    You are not a failure! I congratulate you on taking that first (painful) step toward fitness. Just take it one step at a time. Only do what you can handle, and then just a little bit more. If you push yourself just a little farther beyond your limits, for instance jogging/walking for maybe even a minute extra. Before you know it, the place you once had to push yourself to get to is now a breeze to get through and then some. :) as far as the shin splints, try correcting your posture. A lot of people tend to lean forward while walking or jogging or carry their weight on their toes. If you try walking with shoulders straight, and keep heel-toe in mind. It might help :)
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I totally understand but keep going sweetie
    You CAN DO it!!
    It's a work in progress. you didn't gain all the weight in one day
    you can't lose it all in one either.
    Try to stay positive and keep doing what you're doing.
    The pounds will come off.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    It may only be 1/2 a mile but you are walking circles around those that are still sitting on the couch! Be proud of every little movement/exercise that you do to improve your life. Keep at it!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How the heck are you a failure when you're doing something most everyone doesn't have the guts to do: make a change in your life. More than the physical, that's the hardest thing to do when every shred of your being says, 'it's easier to do nothing!'

As some have suggested, maybe try some aquatic workouts--walking from one end of the pool and back ... easier on your bones & joints until you get stronger. A trainer or a buddy keeps you on track when you might cave, so good to have.

Look for eating choices that support your goals and will be sustainable beyond reaching that goal.

Again, you rock!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, do what you can.
  • LunaAzul36
    Options
    Just start slow, walk in terms of time not distance. 10 min at fist and then increase the time as you begin to feel more comfortable. Once you feel comfortable at 10 min, 20 min or whatever, make sure you increasing your walking pace as you increase time.
  • msstillion79
    Options
    Girl one thing stop telling urself that u are a failure u are NOT u ARE a INSPIRATION u have done more then i do in a week in three days Way to Go Keep it up and u will reach ur goal. I am only well shouldnt say only but i weigh 276 and that would kill me literally Ur are doing GREAT Thank you for motivating me
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    well I don't mean to laugh, but I did only because THIS was me at 300 pounds. You will be so grateful if you stick with this. Not even because you'll be loosing weight because every time you'll see yourself getting stronger, doing more, and even challenging your self. You'll look forward to your workouts, and they'll become a part of you. Just go for it, and don't feel bad about it, we all have/had to start somewhere. Lord knows I'm still doing my best, I thank him for the improvements I've made. And best piece of advice I've gotten, be thankful that "YOU CAN" move, and have the activity of your limbs. so many of us take that for granted. so good luck, and God Bless :)
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started where you are about 6 months ago. Baby steps got me this far, and I'm starting to take toddler steps now.

You are anything but a failure. You are doing what you need to in order to get where you want.

It's not easy, for sure. But once you get there, you'll know you earned it all the way.
  • maghedo
    maghedo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to be 358 lbs and now 200 lbs. No way on the face of God's green earth will i lie to you and say this isn't tough, but I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you that the joy at the end of the journey is worth every bit of your sacrifice. Do your thing and every day I would tell myself I have to go to bed a winner. The term I used consistently even until today is "Win Every Day"

You can win each day go to bed a winner and wake up a winner.