I need opinions, people! :P

Options
I already worked out today, burned 700 cals, (go me!) but I really feel like working out when I get home from class at 9. Should I avoid the work out just because it'd bring down how many calories I've net for the day, or should I do it anyway? I don't want to eat any more today.

Replies

• laurenpence
    Options
    If I feel the need or want to workout after my day and my long workout I take my kids and dogs for a walk after dinner....nothing too much but something!!!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    If you've got energy to spare, go for it!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would either do it light or do it then follow up with at least some lean protein, maybe a quick hard boiled egg after your workout.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i say if you feel like it, go ahead. just don't over do it. make sure you have plenty of water.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Agree!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    just make sure you eat those back
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    What if you just had a protien bar after your workout?
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I would either do it light or do it then follow up with at least some lean protein, maybe a quick hard boiled egg after your workout.

Yea you need your protein or something after you work out...dont let your calories get to low.
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    Congrats on burning 700 cals! Total fitness excellence requires 4 areas: nutrition, cardio, flexibility & strength. If the burning of 700 calories is from cardio then for your 2nd workout today do a flexibility workout (Yoga/Pilates. etc) or strength workout (body weight exercises, lift weights, sand bag, etc.).
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats on burning 700 cals! Total fitness excellence requires 4 areas: nutrition, cardio, flexibility & strength. If the burning of 700 calories is from cardio then for your 2nd workout today do a flexibility workout (Yoga/Pilates. etc) or strength workout (body weight exercises, lift weights, sand bag, etc.).

That's definitely a good idea...the strength training I do doesn't burn a whole lot of calories so I'll check that out.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    too many people say you have to eat your exercise calories and you really don't. The "calories in, calories out" thing isn't entirely accurate. It's more accurate to look at that from a week long perspective. If you're working out twice a day consistently then just increase calorie intake overall throughout the week. don't limit your perspective to each day.