Strange 'popping' feeling in legs after exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• Elizababyfat
    Elizababyfat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I literally googled "what is the weird feeling after working out in fat?" and found this link...
    haha thanks for clearing this up!
  • BeautifulMess2014
    Options
    I get it all the time too! Glad I'm not the only one...lol.
  • Goldeeloks615
    Goldeeloks615 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get them as well.. feels like little bubbles popping. I always like to think it's fat cells imploding! :bigsmile:
  • andrea130g
    Options
    I get it too and think it is actually funny. I call them my little fat blasters working hard at getting rid of the fat in my thighs. :-)
  • conleyjess1
    Options
    I feel this, too. However, I only feel it after a short, brisk walk. Whenever I exercise and do a strenuous workout I do not feel this twitching. Does anyone know why this is?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing. It's your muscles adjusting to the loss of lactic acid. When you work out you tend to break up the lactic acid that has been built up in your muscles. Once that goes, everything kind of moves around and knots up.

That's why it's a good idea to do some massage on the muscles just used so you can limit the amount of soreness and break up those knots and pockets of lactic acid still remaining. I let the kids take a rolling pin and roll out my calves and quads for me after a workout. The call it making "momma cookies". lol
    WUT? Where are you getting you information about lactic acid buildup? Lactic acid isn't the cause of sore muscles. Nor does it remain in muscles, but gets converted back to pyruvate when oxygen is present.
    Should probably research you information because wherever you got it from, it's incorrect.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling this after walking home from school, so many years ago. I thought it was normal.
  • shoshkabob
    shoshkabob Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So glad it's not just me!
  • amandaeallen
    amandaeallen Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I get the clicking all over my legs and gluts after a long walk, but I can do a 4 mile jog and do not get them, it must have something to do with the difference in using fast twitch or slow twitch....
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My muscles twitch all the time when I'm in training. In my calves mostly, and often in my feet after long runs. I've done lots of googling and it's pretty normal. :)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I get it in strange little muscles around the top of my lats after lifting. Nowhere else. But I do get a visible dent near my shins after things that could cause shin splints. That's freaky looking, but not nearly as painful as real shin splints, so it's all good :grin:
  • kristinaannmarty
    kristinaannmarty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this feeling. At first it was disconcerting, but I never really thought it could be bad. Now it feels great, like I really had a good work out. Typically it happens when I've walked on a hard surface for a while, like mall walking or when I walk on the street. I don't get the sensation when I do a low impact activity like the elliptical, which is a let down for me. I like to imagine it's fat cells bursting and expelling themselves from my thighs. It's a nice thought anyway. ;)

HAHA - I imagine it's my cellulite popping!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I get it after a hard swim. Always in my legs, which makes no sense, as I don't use them much except for pushing off the wall on turns. Really freaky to experience and frankly somewhat annoying, but after a couple of years, I don't consider it harmful, just a notification that work was done...
  • veggam
    veggam Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I get the exact same feeling after workout or walk.