Pregnant and trying to eat clean

Options
Hi there,

I am 21 weeks pregnant and trying to eat as clean as possible. Thought this might be a good place to share tips, tricks, food ideas, recipes etc

Also, I have SUCH a sweet tooth so any suggestions on how to curb that would be great!

Thanks and happy Tuesday!

Replies

• Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I am 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. My last pregnancy was 3 years ago and I gained a total of 30 lbs. I lost them all- plus 10 more within the first two months.
    This pregnancy I am up 10 lbs. so far but have a major sweet tooth. I am craving cake (I normally HATE cake!), bread and pasta.
    I just got back on MFP today to keep track of my calories and make sure I don't over eat. I will be 36 this month and I know that if I gain too much, it will be very hard to lose later on.
  • snowcloudmx
    snowcloudmx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I am using MFP to help gain the right amount of weight, but hopefully not too much. Im 16 weeks along. Im not sure how to curb cravings but maybe logging food will help? Im embarassed to say I ate an entire bag of kettle style potato chips yesterday. This pregnancy has come with some strong cravings and aversions. I imagine seeing an entire bag of chips on my food tracker every day will help me eat them in moderation instead.
  • pchaissonne
    pchaissonne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ladies, Take it from an older lady that has been there..... satisfying a few of your cravings is fine but if you are craving too many carbs try cheese, heavy cream with berries etc. Your body needs the extra calories to sustain the pregnancy but not totally "empty" calories.