gym sins!

Options
ok most of us are going to the gym in some fashion or another... and other people at the gym can be really annoying ! so what r ur top 3 gym peeves?

mine:

1. people who see me steady in a groove w my headphones in who insist on making conversation. ....I'm not anti social, I'm just busy.

2. people who do not restack their own weights.

3. people who do no wipe their sweaty butt print off the weight machines

lol

what things do u do that u kno annoy other people?

me? I text in the gym... but I promise I'm not just chillin in there lol

now ur turn to vent ;-) no fighting. lol

Replies

• soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. not wiping down machines when you're done! UGH. so gross.

2. trying to be sneaky and looking at my phone when i'm watching netflix on the treadmill, and then making a "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?!" face (usually i'm watching a true crime show - first 48, crime 360)

3. hogging machines when people are obviously waiting their turn...
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    I just have one, and It's only happened to me once. This guy started singing OUT LOUD to his ipod on the machine next to me. It was ridiculous and sooo off key. Why does he think anyone wants to hear that?! I politely asked him to stop.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    1- YES! I hate this!
    2- When people talk so loudly that I can hear them on the other end of the treadmills
    3- Singing out loud to their music
    4- Popping gum
    5- Wiping down machines...NOT!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Only one thing bothers me.... ppl that complain on here constantly about what ppl at the gym are doing or not doing that bugs them. I hit the gym, I get in a zone and I'm in my own world, I don't notice anyone around me so I have no complaints.

I have a hand towel, I wipe a machine before I use it and again after, long time habit, it doesn't slow me down and there are so many other things in life I could be thinking about besides others that bug me at the gym.

The gym is no different than on here, something bugs you and you move on, something bugs you and you blow it off and find something else to do... :::Shrugs:::

Not worth our time to whine about everything that bothers us, we'd be whining all the time if we let every little thing get to us and have no time left to workout. ;o)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    - people with really strong scents (perfume, cigarettes...)
    - people talking on the phone while on the elliptical or treadmill. REALLY?!

That's about it. I could do without seeing naked ladies in the locker room but that kind of goes with the territory, lol...
  • laurenpence
    Options
    people who wear perfume to the gym, when they sweat it just gets stronger

girls who wear make up to the gym...WTH really why??? I go to the gym to sweat not look pretty

girls who wear booty shorts and sports bra...please stop

Guys who grease up their muscles

guys who grease up their muscles then look at my *kitten* when I am doing dead lifts......creepy!

People who go to the gym to be social, i dont so please dont talk to me

people who save machines for other people when those other people dont show up for like 30 minutes
  • Celenasmith
    Options
    1. I hate it when guys are lifting weights and they have to grunt constantly out loud, I'm like ok Mr Big Muscles everyone has been disturbed and now are watching you. Are you happy? LOL
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Only one thing bothers me.... ppl that complain on here constantly about what ppl at the gym are doing or not doing that bugs them. I hit the gym, I get in a zone and I'm in my own world, I don't notice anyone around me so I have no complaints.

I have a hand towel, I wipe a machine before I use it and again after, long time habit, it doesn't slow me down and there are so many other things in life I could be thinking about besides others that bug me at the gym.

The gym is no different than on here, something bugs you and you move on, something bugs you and you blow it off and find something else to do... :::Shrugs:::

Not worth our time to whine about everything that bothers us, we'd be whining all the time if we let every little thing get to us and have no time left to workout. ;o)

love this!
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    1) people who say my shoes are weird.... (vibram five fingers are not weird.. just super cool)
    2) people who come to the gym in FLIP FLOPS and proceed to workout in FLIP FLOPS
    3) people who just stand by the lockers chit chatting.... uhmmmm HELLO I NEED TO GET MY WATER!!!! MOVE IT!
    4) people that breathe so heavy it's as if they're lifting cars or something.. ( and to the guy who whistles the andy griffith theme SHUT IT!!)
    5) people that bring food to the gym.. and not healthy food... MC DONALDS AND BURGER KING... defeating the purpose much?!?!?!
    *********** just got back from the gym so I'm a little amped up hahaa***********
    where was I .. oh yeah
    6) girls that wear their entire collection of makeup to the gym.... NO BODY CARES WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU'RE SWEATING your butt off... leave the fake eyelashes and 2 tons of eyeliner at home!!!!!
    7) ^^ and to add to that, girls that wear skimpy *kitten* clothes to the gym... and you get MAD when the guys talk about you?? you're just feeding the fire!!!!
    8) If you are a femal (**warning... may be disgusting**) freaking be aware of your feminine hygeine no one wants to smell your tuna after you've used the hip ab/adduction machine!
    9) keep your kids under control! or don't bring them at all... the gym is NOT a jungle gym playground to jump all over .... geez I saw a kid almost fall off of the assisted dip/pull up machine.
    10) IF YOU GO TO THE GYM, DON'T DO A SISSY *kitten* workout... stay for more that 10 minutes... maybe you could actually get a decent workout..

maybe this was more of a rant than anything hahhaaaa

:) have a good night.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    women who wear makeup while working out....and usually dont break a sweat...and the ones who do look like tramps, its a gym not some dating mixer....
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    OK, people don't think women should wear make-up to the gym, but I go right after work....I have make-up. I agree, no reason to put it on just to go to the gym, but I do have it on when I starte working out...it's gone by the end of the workout and all over my towel instead.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    OK, people don't think women should wear make-up to the gym, but I go right after work....I have make-up. I agree, no reason to put it on just to go to the gym, but I do have it on when I starte working out...it's gone by the end of the workout and all over my towel instead.
    When women are wearing make up this is exactly why I figured they had it on, coming from work to the gym like you shared.
  • raechellynnette
    raechellynnette Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So....I started to vent about my gym pet peeves, and very quickly the venting turned into something entirely different. lol So I'm just going to leave that one alone.
  • cjeppsen
    Options
    There's a bunch of stuff that happens at the gym that I think is dumb, but these ones are my peeves because I feel like they affect me (or maybe I *let* them affect me)...
    1. People who wear perfume/cologne. It makes me want to puke.
    2. People who will get on the treadmill/eliptical right next to mine when there are a ton available. I like my space.
    3. People who grunt loudly when they're doing weights.
    4. People who talk on the phone on the treadmill.
    5. People who play the TV on the treadmill without using headphones.
    6. People with strong BO. Also makes me want to puke.
  • kaytedawg05
    Options

good for u... thank u for not annoying me at the gym... now let ppl have fun & talk about others wo being a debbie downer LOL :)
    don't sit in someone else's butt sweat while you're not paying attention.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    1. someone who does not wipe their sweat off of the benches/equipment. (yucko.....there are signs everywhere at the gym where i work out....they keep lysol everywhere so you cant forget)

2. i have to admit that i sometimes forget to restack the weights myself =(...but i shall do better=)
    3. someone who uses the tv for music (to watch videos, etc.) and then leaves it at a blaring volume.....it scares me to death..hehe
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    1) people who say my shoes are weird.... (vibram five fingers are not weird.. just super cool)
    2) people who come to the gym in FLIP FLOPS and proceed to workout in FLIP FLOPS
    3) people who just stand by the lockers chit chatting.... uhmmmm HELLO I NEED TO GET MY WATER!!!! MOVE IT!
    4) people that breathe so heavy it's as if they're lifting cars or something.. ( and to the guy who whistles the andy griffith theme SHUT IT!!)
    5) people that bring food to the gym.. and not healthy food... MC DONALDS AND BURGER KING... defeating the purpose much?!?!?!
    *********** just got back from the gym so I'm a little amped up hahaa***********
    where was I .. oh yeah
    6) girls that wear their entire collection of makeup to the gym.... NO BODY CARES WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU'RE SWEATING your butt off... leave the fake eyelashes and 2 tons of eyeliner at home!!!!!
    7) ^^ and to add to that, girls that wear skimpy *kitten* clothes to the gym... and you get MAD when the guys talk about you?? you're just feeding the fire!!!!
    8) If you are a femal (**warning... may be disgusting**) freaking be aware of your feminine hygeine no one wants to smell your tuna after you've used the hip ab/adduction machine!
    9) keep your kids under control! or don't bring them at all... the gym is NOT a jungle gym playground to jump all over .... geez I saw a kid almost fall off of the assisted dip/pull up machine.
    10) IF YOU GO TO THE GYM, DON'T DO A SISSY *kitten* workout... stay for more that 10 minutes... maybe you could actually get a decent workout..

maybe this was more of a rant than anything hahhaaaa

:) have a good night.

ahahahahaha.... this is too funny!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

I believe not re racking weights is a legitimate complaint. Many males will leave 45lb plates on bars and if a female needs to use it, she would have to unrack it to do it. The leg press is a classic example. 5 plates on each side. If you needed it, wouldn't you be miffed if you had to unload it?
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    hmmm i think my new pet peeve is people who comment only to say they don't like this discussion... :) that's called TROLLING. don't be a troll. let people do what entertains them. if it doesn't entertain u... simply move on

FREEEDOMMMM!! :) cheers

much love :)
  • kaytedawg05
    Options

I believe not re racking weights is a legitimate complaint. Many males will leave 45lb plates on bars and if a female needs to use it, she would have to unrack it to do it. The leg press is a classic example. 5 plates on each side. If you needed it, wouldn't you be miffed if you had to unload it?

leaving butt sweat behind is legit too :) come on... it's butt sweat. (and this thread is for humor's sake)