Breakfast!

Options
ellengribs
ellengribs Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone any filling breakfasts they’d recommend? I really struggle to find a ‘healthy’ option that keeps me full up until lunch time

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A healthy meal will generally be "filling", but you're not supposed to feel full between meals, just somewhat full right after a meal, and hungry before meals. My normal breakfast is crispbread or rye bread, and milk, or porridge, and fruit+veg. You should eat what you like. If you're running out of ideas, google or buy a cookbook.
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like to cook up a 1/2 cup of rolled oats and add some cinnamon and honey.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I dunno if it's exactly healthy but it keeps me satiated until lunch time - bircher muesli/overnight oats. Just need to mix 1/2 cup oats, 1 small grated apple (or half a large one), 1/4 cup yoghurt and 1/4 cup of apple juice and leave in the fridge overnight. I usually top it with some extra yoghurt, berries, and some slivered almonds.

That's basically the only way I can eat oats because porridge is gross.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I am more satisfied if I don't eat breakfast. I wake up hungry, but can ignore the hunger better if I don't eat compared to the hungries I feel if I do.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I need breakfast or I would lack energy for my morning workouts.

My go to breakfasts are:
    poached or scrambled eggs/wholewheat toast
    cheese and spinach omelette
    porridge with fruit, nuts and honey
    bacon/egg and toast

These keep me full til lunch.

• ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually:
    Organic Almond Butter
    Greek Plain Yogurt
    All Bran Buds
    Small Banana
    Flaxseed Meal
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've been eating these lately with some greek yogurt and I really love them! I make them with whole wheat pastry flour and change up the fruit every week. They are usually around 200-225 cals each

https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/no-flipping-meal-prep-protein-pancakes-sheet-pan/
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For me the brekkie that keeps me fullest for long is a hot bowl of oatmeal with nuts and fruit (hot, soupy-style food is said to keep you satiated for longer).
    Another favorite is a protein waffle with fruit and PB (waffle: 1 scoop whey, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp oats and 1-2 tbsp creamy yoghurt).
    Chia pudding with milk, fruits and nuts usually works as well.
  • sillekered
    sillekered Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is a cup of tea, followed by 10.5 mile walk yesterday and a 77.5 mile bike ride today. I do enjoy a good lunch following my exercise though.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    On weekends, my breakfasts consist of "dippy" eggs (over easy) and bacon. Weekdays are harder for me. I don't want to dedicate time to cook a breakfast in the mornings (because I will need to wake up even earlier and I don't want to do that), and I get tired of hard boiled eggs. Usually, I just prep a protein shake the night before and grab that as I'm walking out the door. My shake keeps me going until lunch time, and even longer if needed.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt with chocolate PB2, banana and oatmeal (eaten as 3 separate things) is my go to. I find a protein, fruit and grain works best for me. Sometimes I might have a couple of eggs, whole grain toast and and apple or orange instead.
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Tons of healthy breakfast options here: https://www.changeinseconds.com/clean-eating-breakfast-ideas/

• anastasiapuzur
    anastasiapuzur Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like high protein breakfast with eggs and beans!
  • nballos77
    nballos77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Greek coffee with Quaker and Grapefruit Juice
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    For me for the past week has been my protein angel food cake with fruit.

Do you just buy box Angel Food Cake mix and add protein powder?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Omelettes
    Oats
    Sausage and lentil stew
    stuffed peppers

ETA: being "full" all of the time isn't normal. It is normal to be hungry at times and in particular before your next meal.
  • kkowal12
    kkowal12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For a quick easy breakfast I do two pieces of Ezeikiel toast with a quarter avocado on each slice (mashed) I top with a tomato slice and some sliced red onion. Then on both slices I put an egg over easy or for a lighter day I will scramble egg whites with mushrooms and put that on the side of the toast. This is a great protein rich meal that will seriously keep you full with good fats, fiber and protein.
  • kkowal12
    kkowal12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also if you're having trouble staying full until lunch you can try breaking up your breakfast. I sometimes will have half of it before work and half of it when I get to work/ between when I get there and lunch.
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    kkowal12 wrote: »
    Also if you're having trouble staying full until lunch you can try breaking up your breakfast. I sometimes will have half of it before work and half of it when I get to work/ between when I get there and lunch.

This is what I do.