WAHOO - TICKR

I recently bought a Wahoo Tickr heart rate chest strap monitor to help me track the cardio and HIIT workouts I'm doing. MFP links the product in their wearables section (links to buy it) and I can connect my account in the WAHOO app but it won't let me add the app in MFP--has anyone else found a way to do this that doesn't involve downloading ANOTHER app on my phone and then syncing that to MFP?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,223 Member
    I recognize this doesn't fit the "not another app on my phone" criteria, but I was only able to connect my Polar H7 HR monitor to Under Armour Record, which connects to MFP. I've found UA Record to work well for GPS running as well as gym/lifting tracking and seamlessly connects to MFP
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    If there's not a way around the downloading another app thing, your recommendation is much appreciated! "What is the best third app to have" would probably be my next question so thank you!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I have a Wahoo Kickr bike trainer and, as I recall, I couldn't link it directly to mfp--I had to link it to MapMyFitness/MapMyRun and have it come in that way.
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Thanks guys! I actually found a bit of a workaround.
    If I use the Wahoo RunFit app, I can link it to MFP and have it share my workout stats there. It puts everything in as "walk/run" but transfers over the time and calorie counts which is all that matters for me. :D
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    That's the way to do it. I've come to like the wahoo app. Very simple. It can automatically upload to a wide range of other apps.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Be aware that HR-based calorie burn for the interval workouts will be inflated.

Wrong usage of that formula for calculating calories.

Now - if your intervals are 30 min x 3 weekly amid an already busy lifestyle - no big whoop.

But - if intervals are 60 x 6 weekly and sedentary otherwise - that's a big inflation.

Best to manually log the intervals as the calisthenics they probably are.

Just a comment - since most want to get that sync going to help with calories burned in workouts and therefore eating goals.

Because otherwise you can make a wall post about your workout easily.

HR-based calorie burn formula are only decent estimates for aerobic steady-state cardio same HR for 2-4 min. Even that best case scenario has known caveats.

Intervals is the opposite of that, as is lifting. Usually anaerobic if done right, HR all over the place.