debating weather to eat pasta tomorrow morning

Options
skhamiri
skhamiri Posts: 10 Member
im so hungry and im really craving for a pasta right now but im gonna try and sleep instead but im thinking tomorrow morning going out and eat pasta which contains white sauce, chicken and broccoli and drink water.

can it be ok? im planning on going around 7-9am i heard that you can eat whatever you want at breakfast and you wont gain weight, is it ok? or does it contain enough calories that gains you weight?

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I want to live wherever you are! Pasta for breakfast? Yes, please.
    I will say, though, that just because the sun is still rising doesn't mean that food stops having calories.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I want to live wherever you are! Pasta for breakfast? Yes, please.
    I will say, though, that just because the sun is still rising doesn't mean that food stops having calories.

Stop ruining our dreams!!!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Log it and see how it fits into your daily goal.

And FTR I have eaten pasta for breakfast, but pizza is better :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    skhamiri wrote: »
    im so hungry and im really craving for a pasta right now but im gonna try and sleep instead but im thinking tomorrow morning going out and eat pasta which contains white sauce, chicken and broccoli and drink water.

can it be ok? im planning on going around 7-9am i heard that you can eat whatever you want at breakfast and you wont gain weight, is it ok? or does it contain enough calories that gains you weight?

Calories can't tell time. It doesn't matter if you eat them at 9 am or 9 pm they will have the same amount of calories. Stay with in your daily allotment and you will lose.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Partly cloudy with a chance of meatballs

New pants?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    i heard that you can eat whatever you want at breakfast and you wont gain weight, is it ok?

Um, NO. If you eat more than what you are expending, you WILL gain weight, no matter what time of day you eat it.

Also, you never mentioned how many calories you were planning to eat in that pasta dish. Some pasta meals are fairly reasonable, others are horrific butter and cream sauce-based calorie bombs. You're no providing enough information to answer that question.

Find out the nutrition info for the type and amount you want to eat. Log it, and plan the rest of your day around what you have allowed left.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    when in doubt...always eat pasta
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love (LOVE) fettuccini alfredo, but getting it at a restaurant is usually both super high calorie and hard to get an accurate calorie count on. I recently found out that a local grocery store (Heinen's) sells bags of frozen fettuccini alfredo! It isn't super high-cal and is totally measurable. I can have half the bag with chicken and broccoli and not ruin my calories for the day.
    As long as you count the calories and stay within your goal, eat what you want, when you want.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

I wouldn’t recommend eating a heavy cream sauce in the morning as you’re liable to fart your way through the afternoon. On the other hand, you may be so bloated and gassy all day that you’ll end up eating less than you typically would after your delightful chicken and broccoli Alfredo breakfast. Perhaps this is a brilliant plan in spite of its apparent naïveté.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

You can eat what ever you want anytime of the day and not gain weight as long as your are in a calorie deficit at the end of the day/week. So enjoy your breakfast.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Pasta doesn't make you gain weight. Regularly eating more food than your body needs makes you gain weight.

No, you can't eat whatever you want for breakfast and not gain weight if your total calories for the day are still greater than the calories you need to maintain your weight.

If you're planning on eating pasta in a restaurant, you can bet it will be slathered in a calorie-laden sauce, so if you eat the whole portion, it very likely will put you over your calorie allowance for the day. Better off making it at home where you can control what goes in it.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    So who won the debate?!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Everyone's stuck on the pasta, I didn't see anyone debating the weather

I was going to touch on that but decided to let it go...
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Everyone's stuck on the pasta, I didn't see anyone debating the weather

@leut_underpants played it pretty well.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter what you eat and when you eat it, it just matters how many calories you eat in a day based on your selected weight loss goal. Having said that, there are changes you can make to your diet to add bulk to the food you eat, which in turn will help satiate your hunger a bit more. For instance, eating a 6oz 70% lean hamburger patty will mean you consume near 550-600 calories depending on how its prepared. For shorter people that can mean they ate half of their calories for the day. However, if you were to substitute 93% lean hamburger the net calories would be between 250-300 again depending on how that patty was prepared. They also make lighter calorie hamburger buns, low fat condiments, etc. etc. The end result can be just as satisfying (more in some ways) and cost you less calories. Pasta is fine to eat, but depending again on how much and how its prepared it can cost you a ton of calories. Try lean ground turkey in place of that lean beef and you saved even more calories, and likely upped the protein a bit.

Just my .02.
  • CastorOnline
    CastorOnline Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

If I could make a recommendation, make it yourself instead of going out for it. I made some over the weekend, and it lets you have control over portion and macros. I used egg noodles, which tend towards higher protein and are delicious, and parmesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano), which is an awesome high-protein cheese, and it helped the meal fit better into my plan for the day. A lot of recipes for alfredo only use 2 Tbsp each of butter and heavy cream for 4 servings (I saw an Olive Garden recipe clone that used 3 sticks of butter, and a pint of heavy cream, yikes!) to make a delicious sauce of the cheese and starchy water, and it only takes 15-20 minutes to make. Less time than it takes to go out, and it tastes a lot better.

I tend to cook whatever I'm craving, but I'm a bit of a control freak, so.... *shrugs*