Tons of cellulite in thighs. Anyone successful in losing any?

Options
What's the best way? I do need to lose weight.

Replies

• kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine improved massively when I quit smoking and increased my water intake. And walking a fair bit
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lose the weight, then evaluate. Mine improved with weight loss. Exercise is useful for a lot if reasons, but may or may not have an effect on the appearance of fat stores. Sadly, some of this can be genetics . . . but you really know where you stand until you've been at goal weight for as while (appearance can still change a bit in the first months of maintenance, and continuing progressively challenging exercise will continue to cause appearance changes indefinitely).

ETA: Be aware that appearance can temporarily be a little worse midway through weight loss, but don't let that get you down: It will improve again! :)
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    90% of my cellulite went away as I lost weight. I still have a little on the backs of my thighs. I only have a few more pounds to lose, so I imagine that is there to stay.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lowering my bodyfat, weight training and building muscle helped.. but I still have it. Genetics.. yay
  • NoExcusesFromNowOn
    NoExcusesFromNowOn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm focusing on losing weight and doing more leg exercises like the dreaded squats and lunges.
    I'm an Adam lover, not him.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Losing weight improved mine. Still have a ton. My hopes are that as I lose more and then recomp it will reduce. I have zero hopes of it disappearing as I'm in my lower half of healthy bmi already.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just fat with connective tissue creating a dimpling effect on the skin. Prevalence is genetic. The only way to get rid of it is to reduce the fat under the skin. You do that by eating at a deficit and doing resistance training.