Energy!!

Options
Hey I’m new to this chat and weight loss journey so it’s been interesting to see where it take me. I just had a question or need some advice I started my diet two weeks ago and I noticed that I have like no energy at all. I’m am super down and feel tired I’m not sure if that’s normal or not I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong. Does anyone else feel this way??

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    How much do you have to lose?
    how many calories are you eating per day?
    Do you eat back any of the cals from exercise?
    Are you hydrating yourself properly?

A few things to try, depending on the above answers, is have some cafine, try to get more sleep, ease off on exercise a bit, change your goal to lose less per week, etc.
  • lovelyyary
    lovelyyary Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 55 pounds I’m not sure how many calories I’m eating a day I cut back a lot and I exercise when I can if you want me to be honest and I only drink water all day
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you set your goal to lose 2 lbs/week, that may be too aggressive for only 55lbs, I suggest setting at 1.5lbs/week loss, and when you get down to 40-45 lbs to lose, change that to 1 lb/week
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    are you doing low carb?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Did you cut out caffeine? You could also be undereating, or if you greatly reduced carbs your body might not be used to that.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? Why aren't you logging your food intake? You could still be drinking too little even if you only drink water.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Did you cut out caffeine? You could also be undereating, or if you greatly reduced carbs your body might not be used to that.

That was my question, too.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    If you cut carbs, caffeine, or changed your eating patterns endurance tends to take a hit. When I switched to IF my workouts took a big hit for a few weeks and then perked back up. It is just your body saying something is different. Just make sure your deficit isn't too aggressive and see if things pick up in a week or two. If they don't then adjust and keep going.
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Have you tried coke?
    I've heard that boosts your energy a great deal.

But honestly when i first started out I was exasusted!
    My body was just like "WTF are you doing! get your fat *ss back to the couch!"
    After time my body adjusted to the lack of sugar and other crap im now more energetic then i've ever been.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    lovelyyary wrote: »
    I need to loose 55 pounds I’m not sure how many calories I’m eating a day I cut back a lot and I exercise when I can if you want me to be honest and I only drink water all day

You are just drinking water all day with little to no food?
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m new to this chat and weight loss journey so it’s been interesting to see where it take me. I just had a question or need some advice I started my diet two weeks ago and I noticed that I have like no energy at all. I’m am super down and feel tired I’m not sure if that’s normal or not I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong. Does anyone else feel this way??

Give us an example of what you eat during a typical day :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    If you set your goal to lose 2 lbs/week, that may be too aggressive for only 55lbs, I suggest setting at 1.5lbs/week loss, and when you get down to 40-45 lbs to lose, change that to 1 lb/week

OP isn't "sure" how many calories s/he is eating per day, so whatever goal s/he set is pretty irrelevant.
  • stpetenative
    stpetenative Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Hi there! Sorry your feeling this way. I’ve felt this way for sometime so I started adding iron to my diet. I was told when I was young that I was anemic and It had been forever since having that in my diet. I just started doing this a few weeks back and honesty, I do feel like I have a bit more energy. I could also access my blood tests online that I took in the past and I could see that yeah my iron was not all that great. Give it a looksy and hope you feel better!