Quick healthy high protein dinners?

Options
Getting bored of eating the same old food, want to experiment more with food. I eat a strict clean diet and I am trying to find recipes which include high protein!

Replies

• Drmikey15
    Drmikey15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chicken caprese is my favorite. Just serve it with a vegetable instead of pasta. It's filling and delicious!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Getting bored of eating the same old food, want to experiment more with food. I eat a strict clean diet and I am trying to find recipes which include high protein!

Why eat a strict clean diet? Any health restrictions? When you say high protein, do you also mean low carb or something similar? What kind of food are you currently eating?
  • Gooeypops
    Gooeypops Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make a lovely, light Asian inspired salad, it's high protein, high fiber, low calorie and good veg and fish oil nutrients!

Wrap a fresh or frozen salmon fillet in aluminium foil with a teaspoon of sesame oil and two teaspoons of soy sauce - steam or bake until done - let cool. Steam a large handful of shredded greens and let cool (and pat dry). Finely slice a raw carrot, a good chunk of cucumber (can add spring onion, radish, mooli, whatever). Stir all together including the soy dressing from the salmon parcel and add a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Throw a steak, chicken, or fish on the grill, mash some potatoes, saute the veg of your choice.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I’ve really been into making stir fry veggies and toss some soba or udon noodles in it. You can make this dish with a lot less sodium than take out version. I like tofu or shrimp in mine but you can use any protein you like. Fresh ginger and some sesame seeds tossed in are a plus.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Tilapia and chicken are my go tos. The tilapia takes about 15 minutes to bake and you can season it with anything. Same goes with the chicken, it’s not as quick to bake but it’s easy and versatile. I usually throw a bag of frozen veg on a baking tray, add some seasoning (I like to use Braggs liquid aminos) and bake it for about 15-25 minutes. Turkey kielbasa is great too as well as chicken sausage. Both high in protein and relatively quick to make.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and vegetables. Add rice, if you want.

Fish and vegetables.

If you want something more specific: Pork chop and brussels sprouts with some apple and sauerkraut.

There are endless options.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken or chicken sausage and a bag of Steamfresh Proteins vegetable mix. Heat chicken as desired, zap veggies, throw in a bowl. Done and done!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli with salsa, cheese, black beans and a fried egg on top. That's 4 separate protein sources in one delicious meal.

Chopped steak in chili sauce with kidney beans and bacon served with sautéed peppers and onion. (basically deconstructed chili)

Scrambled eggs, ground turkey, spinach, tomato and onion. Served with a side of cottage cheese and berries.
  • makinemjellis
    makinemjellis Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken in the crockpot.
    A couple chicken breasts, half a hidden valley ranch seasoning packet, and enough buffalo sauce to cover the chicken. Cook for 8h on low heat or 4h on high heat.
    Essentially the only calories are from the chicken and you can eat in on a salad or in a wrap or a sandwich...super versatile.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How do you want to get your strictly clean high protein? I'm hesitant to suggest until I know your boundaries.