Is this a NSV? If not then.......

Options
2»

Replies

• harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you! As hard as I'm sure it was to turn away from the temptation, you definitely did the right thing for yourself. The bananas were the right call....it's a natural food vs the fat laden temptation. Way to go!
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and opinions. It did feel good turning it down no matter the "cost". It is good to see the different opinions. It is educational. Next time I will KNOW that a nanner is not as good for you as an apple.
  • prettyash76
    Options
    You did good and this is a nsv. A banana is better than the doughtnut. Like someone said before me if u wud have had 1 doughnut it may have triggered u to want more. I ean a banana everyday. Congrats!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    a good mfp pal once said, "i've never seen someone get fat eating too much fruit!" Congrats!!!!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! It's definately an NSV moment!! Congratulations :0)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    2 bananas? I would of picked the donut, it is the same calories, not the same fat, but still. lol Sorry I am not helping.

haaaaaa, that is the same thing I thought. two bananas is like 200+ calories.

no, sorry OP, not really a NSV, the two bananas was overkill! lol

I disagree.

The MAJOR victory here is that you are actively paying attention to what goes in your mouth. When someone offers you a Krispy Kreme, you think, Maybe I shouldn't eat that.... instead of NOM NOM NOM.

And that, my friend is THE point.
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    Next time, tell him "I'm allergic to donuts, they make me break out in fat all over." What does NSV stand for?

i'm so stealing that line, thanks :D
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Two bananas is way better than a d*mn donut. It has Fiber, natural sugars and potassium. Even if they equal in calories you are turning down empty calories. Retraining what your body wants. Some of these posters kind of ticked me off.

agreED!!!!!
  • CelenaOlson
    Options
    NSV means Non Scale Victory
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    NSV means Non Scale Victory

HA!HA!HA! I thought it meant No Small Victory!!! I think in this case it's both!
    ; )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!