fat burners?

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows of any safe fat burners? I am losing weight but would like a little extra help. I have hypothyroidism so I want something that's not going to mess with that.

Replies

• foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The treadmill, the eliptical, free weights, stationary bike, the list goes on and on! Good luck!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Do not do it.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism is an excellent fat burner. Best in the biz.
  • Andie3683
    Options
    I would never unless I knew it was 100 percent safe. I don't know if such a thing exists, just checking. I will stick with my regular workouts :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Come on, nothing is 100% safe. Not even Tylenol.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I know I'm about to get banished my MFP for saying this, but I've been taking Ephedra for about a month now... It's doing wonders! Another one I have tried was Lipo 6 - both are great!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say but...Talk to your doctor.
  • Andie3683
    Options
    I'm fine with doing my workouts. I actually enjoy everything i am doing! I have fun with it. I just don't know very much about them and was wondering, I do realize nothing is 100 percent safe. I should have said that differently.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Sorry to say but...Talk to your doctor.

i have to agree. if you are taking any medications taking ephedrine or any other boosters could conflict with the medications and end in disaster!! I have a friend who was taking lexapro and started drinking some energy drinks and ended up in the ER with breathing difficulties and almost schizophrenic actions.

BE CAREFUL!!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    they say green tea has some metabolism boosters in it.
  • Andie3683
    Options
    I think I will get that idea out of my head right now and just keep working my *kitten* off!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with doing my workouts. I actually enjoy everything i am doing! I have fun with it. I just don't know very much about them and was wondering, I do realize nothing is 100 percent safe. I should have said that differently.

No you worded it correctly i think. People on this site just go into attack mode as soon as fat burners are mentioned. Kind rude IMO :P

But yes they are right, fat burners are not too safe D: I have tried them myself and fainted a few times and just got dizzy way too much. Maybe you can handle them but make sure to read many reviews before you spend any money :D

altho i did take oxyelite pro... and liked it :] took 1 pill in the morning and got me through my day :D I would say it even helped me concentrate in my 8 am classes
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Atta Girl!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said talk to your doctor. There might be something. BUt I actually read an article in clean eating magazine that said there are some spices that help your body burn fat. Cayenne, mustard (not prepared mustard, but the spice) and ginger are apparently some that help fire up your metabolism. Plus they are natural and ....safe!
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    I know I'm about to get banished my MFP for saying this, but I've been taking Ephedra for about a month now... It's doing wonders! Another one I have tried was Lipo 6 - both are great!

Worst idea ever. Losing weight quickly might sound like a great idea in theory, but having organ failure and a premature death won't make a "quick weight loss fix" seem worth it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I think I will get that idea out of my head right now and just keep working my *kitten* off!!

That is a fantastic idea! You can do it! Let me know if I can help!
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    green tea and cayenne pepper capsules (ones such as cool cayenne) are safe I am no dr. but you should def not take ephedra w/thyroid meds
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any safe fat burners? I am losing weight but would like a little extra help. I have hypothyroidism so I want something that's not going to mess with that.

It's tougher to lose with it, but possible. So have you talked to your doctor about T3 and Cytomel protocol?
  • Andie3683
    Options
    yea I don't think I would want to take that. I guess I was more curious than anything. I actually am too much a chicken to probually try anything lol!!
  • RoundRockFitCoach
    Options
    My opinion is no to fat burners. Cost not worth the minimal extra benefit for most people.

Life long weight control is just that, a life long process based on personal internal change.

There is no shortage of simple diet approaches for fat loss and fat burning exercise protocols. One can be tailored to you.

Good luck!

Your Round Rock Fit Coach