Libra Scale Crusher's Challenge brought by FemmeAndy (closed

Options
(Today's challenge is brought to us courtesy of FemmeAndy!!!! Thanks Lady! ):bigsmile:

So, I wanted to challenge everyone a little bit differently today! :)
Our eating habits is our base to getting healthy, dropping pounds and getting in shape. There are so many food diaries I've seen on MFP that seemed packed with unhealthy choices, eating less but still choosing the bad foods.

So for thoday I challenge everyone to.....

- Eat 1 fruit with breakfast.

- Overcome 1 craving (we all go through the day and think about that little guilty pleasure to eat: if you get a craving, get yourself a glass of water and forget about it

- If you have to eat out to a restaurant, Opt for a salad with protein, or choose the most healthiest option there and don't forget,if you get the salad ask them not to put the salad dressing on it but serve it to the side so you can put your own on! The salad dressing they give you is sooo high in calories it can throw off your whole day.

- Don't eat anything fried all day! Nothing deep fried!

- Eat a serving of vegetables with supper

- Do not eat anything after 8pm

- Finally, visit this site and read through why eating healthy is so good for our bodies and what health benefits are gained through a well balanced diet

http://www.eatinghealthyfoods.org/top-benefits-of-eating-healthy.html

And to get our hearts pumping a little bit..Do these next exercises one after the other in 1 session

- Jumping jacks for 30 seconds
- Jump rope (without rope/ make pretend) for 30 seconds
- Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
- Jump rope 30 seconds
- 20 Crunches
- Hold a plank on your hands for 30 seconds (on elbows if too hard)
- 20 Crunches
- Hold plank for 30 seconds
-12 Squats
-12 Push ups (on the knees if you can't do the standard pushup)
-12 Squats
-12 Push ups
- Jump rope for 30 seconds
- Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
Finish off with 15 bicycle crunches (if these are too hard just do crunches)

Hope you all enjoy today's challenge!!! :D Woooo gooo Libras!

Replies

• laureneva15
    Options
    I have no idea if this is a group or not, and if it is whether its closed or open

So I'm hoping its not cos I want to read that website for later cos as hard as I try I go over calories quite easily. Workouts I am doing ok with just need to get better form for weights and keep going with cardio until I collapse but my diet is shocking (however today its due to tom being soon, not an excuse I know bit Damn it I'm weak) and do that workout on days i dont go to the gym.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Love the new challenges!

Another suggestion for salads is not only to order the salad dressing on the side, but instead of pouring it on top of the salad... just dip your fork in it before each bite. I find that I can taste more of the salad dressing, I guess because it primarily lands on the tip of the tongue where the most sensitive taste buds are and it contrasts superbly with with cool, fresh, clean taste of the veggies.
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    DONE the exercise portion! Whew, got me sweatin! Awesome =)
  • hopelsslyh0peful
    hopelsslyh0peful Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i'm really excited for today's challenge..i can't wait to get out of work so i can do it! good luck everyone!
  • hopelsslyh0peful
    hopelsslyh0peful Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i'm really excited for today's challenge..i can't wait to get out of work so i can do it! good luck everyone!

just finished todays challenge. it was great!
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge! All done with everything for today! :)
  • StWortham
    Options
    Well, I just finished my exercises (modified) Andy & whew, I'm kinda pooped. FYI SCALE CRUSHERS, the 'jumping' obstacles is being overcome slowly but surely thanx 2 all these challenges :-D As 4 the food part, w/the exception of fruit w/bkfst, I met every challenge. SCALE CRUSHERS R ROCKIN'!!!!