Twist on "What We're Eating Weekly" thread

Options
chornak05
chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
I post frequently in the aforementioned thread. I always wonder (because I definitely do it!), what does everyone eat in a day that's NOT on their post. If you post in the morning with your eating plan, what changed as you went through the day? I'll start.

Yesterday, my night snack that was planned was Halo Top. Well I definitely ate the Halo top but it's TOM for me..soo I added some snacky stuff that was certainly not planned. :smile:

100 calorie bag Skinny Pop
1 serving chocolate chip teddy grahams
1 serving starburst Jelly Beans

I usually leave a couple hundred calories (i'm in maintenance) to account for my random snacky items, but yesterday was definitely more than I had left and put me over maintenance.

Anyone else do this or just me?!?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly enough, I usually stick to my plan exactly. I eat plenty of junky stuff but it's usually planned out in advance. What happens more often for me is I'll plan to have taco salad for lunch at home and then I wind up going on a quick business lunch and eating sushi...then I have taco salad the next day instead.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I normally plan my junk as well, but sometimes I won't plan anything for the day until right before the meal so.. After 7 years of tracking I kinda know my *kitten*
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly enough, I usually stick to my plan exactly. I eat plenty of junky stuff but it's usually planned out in advance. What happens more often for me is I'll plan to have taco salad for lunch at home and then I wind up going on a quick business lunch and eating sushi...then I have taco salad the next day instead.

I swap meals sometimes too. My favorite thing about being in maintenance is that i've learned how to go with the flow more. I know I went over calories yesterday, but it will all balance out as long as I pay attention to my weight and don't let it get out of range.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've been bad about getting in my protein shake daily despite always including it in my posts (I usually post in the mornings with what I intend to eat). Yesterday was one such day, I didn't drink my shake, had an extra slice of quiche, and had the higher cal ice cream in my freezer instead of the lower cal one I'd been intending on... Went over calories by a little, but that's okay!
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I prelog often but get derailed sometimes for sure. For instance, yesterday a friend came over to bake cookies (she had a lot of good allergies so we were experimenting). I prelogged three cookies. Ended up eating... decidedly more then that :/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I pre-log before breakfast every day. My diary rarely looks the same by the end of the day.

But the pre-logging gives me an idea of where I can modify without harm, if I choose to.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a little unaccounted-for snack before bed. I hate going to bed hungry and sometimes dinner just isn't enough. Usually a couple hard-boiled eggs, a packet of instant oatmeal or a piece of fruit.
  • jjamid38
    jjamid38 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everyday too. At least I'm planning that way - usually changes somewhat but I have a goal and know what I need to do.
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything either the day before or the morning the day of. I am a stickler about lists so I stick to my logging 98% of the time. If I decide to change things up, I stick to within my calorie limits. I still have 7 lbs to go so I don't want to derail myself.