Hello world .... a girl in need of help

Options
So here it goes my eating is horrible when Im around my husband dont know why but it is!!! I suffer from anxiety and so I dont like to work out in public or talk walks outside. Well Im fed up Ive gained almost 30 pds in the past two years. So I started doing the special K drinks but Im thinking of doing the almased drinks but has anyone else tried it. What are your thoughts. I just need to find out whats best for me! :)

Replies

• ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Since you can't work out in public or go for walks, get on Amazon or ebay and buy you some work out DVDs. Leslie Sansone for walking is a good one! And Richard Simmons always is fun!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't like to drink my calories. I rather eat things. What about fruit? Exercise DVD?.get a bunch of friends on MFP!

at some point you are going to have to get self control at home, or figure something out. . stop having bad things in the house to eat with your husband.
  • sweetheart37
    Options
    well girl ii feel ur pain have anxiety myself very bad ,its a struggle everyday... and i also gained alota wait from it too... but the up side of it all u came to the right place to get all the support u need , im sending u a request and once u except i can help get ur friend list and support started....welcome
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    As far as exercising... work out at home! Do you have a Wii? Wii Fit, exercise tapes.. at the very least look up floor exercises you can do. You can always cut back on what youre eating with your husband and exercise at home and that should show you some changes.
  • aoney
    aoney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should ask your husband to start an eating healthier program with you so your not tempted to eat bad food because he's not eating it either. I also think drinking calories is not the best strategy because there is just something about chewing that helps you feel satisfied. You'd be surprised how much you can eat for one of those shakes. I have a workout ball and some weights at home. You could easily do crunches or reps with the weights inside while watching tv everynight. Good Luck!!!
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    I work out at home. It is much more convenient. Got a nice stationary bike for a great deal on the 'want ads'. I started out with a few minutes a day and after 10 weeks of steady use -- I am up to 60 minutes a day.

As for the shakes - I have not tried them, as I would rather have food. On the issue of the husband - it can be a challenge, but I know my triggers now and it helps me to avoid them completely rather than thinking I can have a small serving. If my husband is eating something that is a trigger for me - I find something else to do or I have a healthy snack like a few almonds or a cup of tea -- something I enjoy and feel good about having. It has been working for me.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't like working out when there's other people in the gym, but I love working out there, so I joined a 24/7 one and go late at night after I get off work and there's no one else there. It works out great for me!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well, perhaps your husband likes to eat unhealthy things and it's just easier to eat the same things? If you're really uncomfortable with your weight, you need to sit down with your husband and talk to him about your situation. Start cooking healthier meals for the two of you, I'm sure he won't mind getting healthy with you! And low calorie, low fat food does not have to be bad! There are SO many recipes on the net that offer great healthy meals! Heck, check the recipes on here... Add lots of herbs and spices and bake, not fry!

As for the Special K drinks, or any weight loss drinks for that matter, does that really feel like a meal to you? I think we've all ventured that route and I know for me, it's horrible! I'm still hungry after those little shakes, they don't taste good, and how can a little tin of drink really be considered a meal? You can't expect to be happy drinking those while your husband is chowing down on some real food, can you?

I also must agree with the others... anxiety is not an excuse to be lazy! You can work out in the privacy of your own home, and it can be much cheaper than a gym membership! Buy workout videos, make your own workout routine, do jumping jacks, buy a jump rope, do squats! In addition, if you're feeling a bit too stagnant, do little things to add exercise without having to feel anxiety. Park far away from the store so you have a bit more of a walk to the store. When at the grocery store, browse the aisles the first go around, walk the whole store and then go back again to fill up your cart!
  • mrsfabburns
    Options
    Thanks guys!! As far as working out at home yes I can do that but... I have two children along with my husband and I work 40 hours a week and attend college full time as well so when I do have free time all I want to do is sleep. I am in a very stressful situation and on the verge of divorce on top of all of this. I will say I got up this morning and went to the gym for 30 min and worked out. I figure I could try to do that before going to work in the mornings. Its hard bc hubby works long hours so that means I am the sole person to do things for the kids take to school, pick up from school, help with homework, make dinner then finally sit down for the first time all day and log on to school and start studying or doing homework until 11 or 12 midnight go to bed and get up at 6 and start all over again. As far as asking hubby to be supportive Ive given up on that thought, if its not what he wants to eat then its a problem and he feels he doesnt need to loose weight (which he is already small) so eating healthy isnt important to him (which it really is). I am not looking for judgmental people but more of understanding and tips on things to do. I had a special K before I went to the gym then I have a banana and black berries. I plan to munch on for today as well. I am just trying to get started and come up with a plan that work s for me and my schedule and wondered if there was anyone out there that understood.