Lunch Ideas?

kerrylou150
kerrylou150 Posts: 55
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
Hello MFP peps,

I need new lunch ideas.

I try to keep lunch simple and its normally my largest meal of the day 400 to 500 calories.

Things that have been in rotation are... turkey coney dogs with easy mac, chicken n rice, turkey meatball subs, salads, frozen lasagna. Sometimes I treat myself to Subway but i prefer to pack so i can use my lunch break for a 1 mile walk.

Any lunch ideas? I have access to a toaster and a microwave at work. I am starting to get bored and can't seem to come up with anything creative...

Thanks

Replies

• I like to have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, a 1/4 cup of beans (any kind you like), a half of an avocado, maybe some onions and tomatoes, and a single serving of tortilla chips if I'm craving something starchy and/or crunchy. You can switch it up with different beans and veggies daily to keep it new and interesting too :) I've never had it come out to more than 450 calories, even when I up the beans to 1/2 cup, and it's not only filling, but keeps me going energy-wise for several hours. Hope this helps :)
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Try searching under Lunch and you'll find there are several threads re: this topic and they're chock full of great ideas.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Have you tried soups? Or ventured into any kind of fish and veggies? Hummus? Wraps?
  • well i never noticed that search button there before! lol

thanks everyone

i am starting to really enjoy cottage cheese so i am going to try that.

I love wraps but i just never think to make them myself.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Wraps are sooo versatile! I love tuna lettuce,laughing cow or hummus or light mayo! Toasted tomato sandwich works too!
This discussion has been closed.