any interesting diet tips?

I am not looking for for crazy pills or drinks, but simple things that people have tried that they think other people could use too.
for me my big tip is elimatating mindless picking at food after a main meal by brushing my teeth almost right after I eat so i won't feel like have 3, 4 or 5 more bites as I clean it up and put it away.

Replies

• I make myself gulp down two cups of water before every meal so that I'll feel satisfied with smaller portions and I'll get in my eight+ cups for the day (:
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    If you want to eat but arent actually hungry, calculate how many calories youre planning on eating and exercise long enough to burn off the calories you want to eat. Sometimes after a workout you wont want to eat junk and will just eat healthy foods instead. But if you do eat the junk, at least you have enough wiggle room in your daily calorie goal.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    I put on gym clothes even when I have no desire to workout. Usually, just the act of having the clothes on will get me to do some sort of calorie burn. :) I also play, "If I could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?" If I can't think of the one thing I really want, then I am obviously more bored than hungry
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Teas!! I have amassed quite a collection of different teas for different times and cravings. They're warm and make you feel satisfied and full and generally have zero cals. The fruity herbal teas can really help you out of a sweets crisis moment, and many of those herbals have excellent health benefits, as do white and green teas. Plus you're hydrating!
  • choughton01
    choughton01 Posts: 68 Member
    I put on gym clothes even when I have no desire to workout. Usually, just the act of having the clothes on will get me to do some sort of calorie burn. :) I also play, "If I could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?" If I can't think of the one thing I really want, then I am obviously more bored than hungry

That's awesome, I'm going to start doing that. In fact I was thinking right now that I'm hungry but I can't think of one thing that I really want. I want vinegar, salt, chocolate........I'm not hungry, I'm bored!
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Planning out what I am going to eat the night before so I can add it all up and then figure out how much I need to work off minimum :)
  • Thanks so much everyone for posting, those are all great tips, I already try to drink water before a mealk, but the others I had not heard before! thanks everyone!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Fidget! I've read two things lately that say you can burn a significant amount of calories simply by fidgeting all day. And that a lot of people who seem to have higher than average metabolisms are just fidgeters.
  • MikkiV
    MikkiV Posts: 9
    I find that if i just bounce my leg up and down when im sitting at my desk it has to burn something! lol