breakfast on the go

Options
any suggestions?

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy in the morning... I usually drink a protein shake on the way to work.
    If I have time, I'll eat some Fage )% Greek yogurt or some oatmeal/quinoa with fruit and walnuts.
    The second 2 would be sort of hard to eat if you're driving .... there's always protein bars -- but read the label. Most of them have more sugar and calories and almost no protein.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    cereal bars! they are life savers for me when I have to rush out the door in the mornings :smile:
  • allready_gone
    Options
    If you're willing to spend the money, quest nutrition bars are pretty good and mostly natural. You can google them. My boyfriend is diabetic and is doing very well with them because they are very low carb and use a natural sweetener. I think he pays around $2 a piece for them.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs that you peel the night before! Power-packed and keep you full.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal bars! Or, a cereal bar, banana, wheat waffles (2) with PB in the middle, bagel, etc. :D
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    i like to eat gogurt (yogurt in a tube) and a banana.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    A fresh or frozen fruit smoothie,a PB&J,a couple of pieces of fruit with nuts,a turkey sandwich,cereal with no milk. Stay away from bars and shakes because you need food!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Banana's, yogurt and boiled eggs (done night before or even cook as you are getting ready). Oatmeal is good too or like others mentioned a fruit smoothie or protein drink are fantastic!
  • Millie77
    Millie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    Protein shake with a few ice cubes, and half a banana thrown in. Blend it up and it's nice and thick like a real shake and I put it in a to go cup and head out. Very easy and fast!
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake and two pieces of Ezikiel bread or a greek yogurt with some granola in it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any suggestions other than maybe a breakfast sandwich. Whole grain English muffin, scrambled eggs and an organic chicken and apple sausage patty. It's DELICIOUS.

What I really wanted to say is that I read your post from this morning and I was one that went back and read weeks of your diary discovering some not so great choices. I just wanted to say that your day TODAY was about a million times better. You still have work to do, but you did a really great job, I hope you continue to make good choices when you can. It does take effort, but it's worth it. Stick with the real, good for you food. Not the stuff that you KNOW is bad and if making you feel sick, because you know it is.
    That's all! Good work!
    :wink:
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Grab a boiled egg it will stave off hunger pangs for a good part of the day. It has protien.
  • tonyit83
    tonyit83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    boil eggs. once the eggs are in the pot, put the fire on medium and 20 minutes later they're done. if you have time let them cool. I LOVE BOILED EGGS!!!
  • danipher
    danipher Posts: 24
    Options
    how many boiled eggs are you allowed to have?
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    Egg muffins, I make them in about 30 minutes on Sunday for the whole week.

5 eggs
    chopped veggies - I do onion and mushroom
    2% cheddar cheese
    muffin pan
    muffin cups

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

Scrambled the five eggs into a bowl or mixing cup with a spout. Put five muffin cups in your pan and spray them with cooking spray. Layer first you veggies, then add a bit of cheese. Once down with all five them pour the egg mixture into the cups over the veggies and cheese until each is mostly full.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove, let cool, and then store in the fridge, they'll keep for a bit over a week. I take mine to work with a english muffin and nuke it for about a minute.