Quick and easy breakfasts

Options
Stacey_mfp
Stacey_mfp Posts: 14 Member
Hey all, just started my mfp journey and I’m looking for some tasty quick and easy breakfast ideas please xx

Replies

• Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like to switch it up but I usually do cottage cheese with jam or greek yogurt with fruit or toast with peanut butter and jam. I used to eat a lot of eggs until they stopped agreeing with me but that was also a favorite - plus being low in calories, filling & yummy. I also keep some lower calorie frozen breakfast sandwiches and oatmeal packets on hand.
  • FistGrenade
    FistGrenade Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is oatmeal mixed with peanut butter. I like to use natural peanut butter because it has a stronger flavour. I usually have that with some cottage cheese and grapefruit.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal can also be done in the microwave! I do this at work every morning. It is nice since my office is always cold.

Add oatmeal to bowl, pour some water on top the amount is usually a personal preference (my mom likes hers like soup, my dad likes to be able to stick a spoon in it and have it stand up, I'm in the middle), zap in microwave.

I add in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (full-fat Jiffy is my favorite), because I'm addicted to peanut butter. Other topping ideas are nuts and brown sugar. I used to do nutella when I lived in France since the peanut butter was a bit wonky there.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I eat a waffle, egg, cheese, mayo, as an open top sandwich, or if I'm really trying to limit my carbs even more, fruit with an egg. both are tasty, (the waffle sandwich more so, of course) and quick.
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love a smoothie as I can chugg it down quick. Protein powder, skim milk, frozen fruit, yoghurt, peanut butter, nuts & seeds ect. They come in at about 200 cal
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of whole-grain sugar free cereal with cottage cheese/quark, milk and sugarfree jam, a pice of toast with more cottage cheese and jam, and a piece of fruit. Sometimes also some nuts or an hard boiled egg depending on how long it is until lunch and how hungry I am
  • anastasiapuzur
    anastasiapuzur Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Make egg muffins with oatmeal or with quinoa. Google them! You can make them night ahead and always have them ready in the morning.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I always have a bowl of fresh fruit in the morning along with a protein. My recent favorites are a pouched egg on half of a toasted Sandwich Thin or a turkey sausage patty topped with a slice of reduced fat Swiss cheese in a half of a Bagel Thin made as a sandwich. The entire breakfast is 186 calories and 225 calories respectively.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs - can be ready in a few mins, have that with some wholemeal toast and butter.
    Also omelettes are quick and filling, add in lots of veg and some cheese and that will mean its full of nutients and filling.
    Porridge with fruit/nuts and honey - takes around 10 mins to make.
  • ninjamere1
    ninjamere1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with some peppers in it and maybe a little sausage or 1 crumpled slice of bacon loaded into a couple warmed up corn tortillas. I toast them a minute or two each side in a hot skillet no oil. Corn tortillas have a lot less calories than flour. Can put cheese too if your calories allow. If super hungry add some mushrooms to bulk it up or mix in some extra egg whites - for flavor and nutrition at least one or two yolks is best along with the extra whites.

I stay full with big protein and and some carbs to start the day.
  • zahnwr
    zahnwr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you like black beans, but I make a big batch of these black bean quesadillas and put them in the freezer. When I need one, I just take it out and nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/02/hearty-black-bean-quesadillas/
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Toast with avocado on top and fruit like a banana, Apple, orange on the side.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    breakfast is what has helped me hugely as I used to skip

I boiled 30 eggs on a sunday and keep in shells in fridge = quick go to breakfast (there are 3 of us)

Oat muffins are good and also keep all week

Breakfast muffins with veggies also keep for about 3 days

My go to though is a protein shake, so easy when on the go at work and keeps me going til lunch
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    For quick and easy, I love those individual fage containers that include a fruit topping. I'll usually add 100 calories worth of walnuts or sliced almonds.
  • jstrick0
    jstrick0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is a mfp?
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    - A cup of cottage cheese with Splenda and raspberries, topped with some walnuts
    - A apple with a small bag of trail mix
    - Egg and cheese sandwich on a English muffin
    - A slice of toast with peanut butter and a orange
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    a slice of whole wheat bread with either:
    >pb2
    >egg fried in a spray of olive oil
    >fruit spread
    I'm not a big breakfast person